Since Thanksgiving is around the corner and I’m not a big fan of pumpkin, I decided to put my favorite cookie and some pumpkin together to make Oreo Pumpkin Cheesecake! I was pleasantly surprised by the texture and the taste of the cheesecake, I hope you will too! What’s your favorite cookie?
Do you like Oreos? Well, I love Oreos! It is a cookie I can eat any time of the day including breakfast. I don’t know why, but I have always enjoyed having four Oreos and a cup full of soy milk.
Tips and Tricks for Making This Oreo Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe:
- For a more festive look, top with whipped cream and drizzle with caramel sauce before serving.
- If you do not have crushed Oreos on hand, you can crush the whole Oreos and use a food processor.
- When you can, always use a bain-marie or water bath when baking this Oreo Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe. It helps in making the cheesecake have a soft and creamy texture because it is the steam which makes the texture of the cheesecake softer after baking.
How to Make this Oreo Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe:
Gather the ingredients for this Oreo Pumpkin Cheesecake:
- cream cheese, softened (12oz)
- 1 egg
- canned pumpkin
- vanilla extract
- Oreos, crushed
Once the ingredients are all ready and you have preheated your oven to 350 degrees F, let’s begin!
In a medium-sized bowl, add Oreos, butter, and mash till it is crumbly:
Place 1 tablespoon of crushed oreo into the mini cheesecake pan:
The Oreo crust should be properly pressed so it would not fall off when you take it off the pan. I used a gallon lid in doing this:
In a large bowl beat cream cheese until it has no lumps, add sugar and continue mixing:
Add egg, vanilla extract, pumpkin, and cinnamon and mix:
Add to the pan and fill to the top:
When you bake it, put the baking pan over a pan bain-marie, or simply known as water bath. Make sure the bottom of the baking pan does not touch the water in the other pan:
Bake for 15-20 minutes and allow it to sit for one hour before serving:
Top with an Oreo and whipped topping and drizzle with caramel sauce. Yummers!
Frequently Asked Questions for the Oreo Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe:
Q: Can I use melted butter for the Oreo crust?
A: Yes you can use that. In this recipe, I used softened butter and mashed it together with the crushed Oreos.
Q: I want more texture in the Oreo Pumpkin Cheesecake. Can I mix in some crushed Oreos in the batter?
A: Yes, for sure! You can add a bit if crushed Oreos to the batter.
Here are more of Oreo and Thanksgiving dessert you can make:
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- Snickers Oreo Cheesecake
- Oreo Waffles
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- BEST Salted Caramel Bundt Cake
- Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecake
Oreo Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 1 ½ packages cream cheese soften (12oz)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup oreos crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl, add oreos, butter and mash till it is crumbly and place 1 tablespoon of crushed oreo into the mini cheesecake pan.
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese until it has not lumps, add sugar and continue mixing. Add egg, vanilla extract, pumpkin, and cinnamon and mix. Add to the pan and fill to the top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes and allow it to sit for one hour before serving.