Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies?! This cookie is a must try if you have not already tried these cookies. The unique flavor of molasses and dark chocolate chips (which I used for this recipe) is such a GREAT combination.
Which brings me too, growing up I did not like Gingerbread Cookies because it didn’t have chocolate in it. In fact, it didn’t even taste good! However when I started baking A LOT, I started to like Gingerbread Cookies only because I started eating them not only once a year, but more than a few times during the holidays!
I really love this season! Not because of all the gifts that will be given or all the food that will be made or eaten, I love this season because there will be family get togethers! I get to hang out with my family and close family friends whom I haven’t seen in ages. There is so much laughter, great memories and of course good food. These cookies will be a huge hit to share with the family and one bite of the cookies, will always bring back happy memories!
For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video tutorial below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!) and new video posts on FRIDAYS !
Watch the step by step video:
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons molasses
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ginger
- pinch of ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1¾ cups dark chocolate chips
- In a large bowl add butter, sugars and mix until light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract, molasses and mix. In the same bowl add, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, ginger, cloves, baking soda, baking powder and mix until well combined. Add flour and continue mixing, then add chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease cookie sheets or use parchment paper or baking mat.
- Drop tablespoons of dough onto mat and bake for 13-15 minutes.
Recipe inspired by Baked by Rachel