Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies?! This cookie is a must-try if you have not already tried these cookies. The unique flavor of molasses and dark chocolate chips (which I used for this recipe) is such a GREAT combination.
This brings me memories while growing up. I did not like Gingerbread Cookies because it didn’t have chocolate in it. In fact, it didn’t even taste good! However when I started baking A LOT, I started to like Gingerbread Cookies only because I started eating them not only once a year, but more than a few times during the holidays!
I really love this season! Not because of all the gifts that will be given or all the food that will be made or eaten, I love this season because there will be family get-togethers! I get to hang out with my family and close family friends whom I haven’t seen in ages. There is so much laughter, great memories and of course good food. These cookies will be a huge hit to share with the family and one bite of the cookies will always bring back happy memories!
Tips and Tricks for Making These Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Make sure to give an even space or distance between each cookie when baking. It will prevent the cookies from sticking to each other after baking. Also, this cookie tends to spread out more so always keep the distance enough for each cookie.
- Always chill this cookie dough before baking. By doing so, you will have plumper cookies and it improves the texture of the cookies.
- Do not over mix the cookie dough. After all the ingredients are well-combined, then the mixing process should be done. Overmixing it would make the cookies rubbery.
- For easy baking, use a nonstick baking sheet. If you do not have it, you can use a regular cookie sheet and just line it with parchment paper.
- Use a stand mixer when making a larger batch of Eggnog cookies. It helps you to mix the ingredients evenly.
- If you want to use vegan chocolate chips, you can use the carob chocolate chips for these Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies.
How to Make these Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies:
These are the Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies ingredients that you will need:
- butter, softened
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- ground cloves
- baking soda
- baking powder
- all-purpose flour
- dark chocolate chips
In a large bowl add butter, sugars and mix until light and fluffy:
Add vanilla extract, molasses, and mix:
In the same bowl add, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, ginger, cloves, baking soda, baking powder, and mix until well combined:
This is how the cookie dough looks like before adding the chocolate chips:
Add chocolate chips and mix again:
Refrigerate for one hour. While waiting for the dough to chill, preheat oven to 350F and grease cookie sheets or use parchment paper or a baking mat.
Drop tablespoons of dough onto the mat and bake for 13-15 minutes:
Frequently Asked Questions for the Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe:
Q: Can you freeze the cookies once baked?
A: Yes, for sure! Just carefully thaw them before serving.
Q: Can I skip the step where the dough is to be chilled?
A: This step is important not to miss because it solidifies the fat content of the cookie, thus prevents it from spreading too much while baking.
Q: How far in advance can I make the dough?
A: You can make the dough a day in advance and just freeze it. Remember to thaw it properly before baking them.
Q: How many cookies does this recipe make?
A: I made 10 large Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies using this recipe.
Here are more delicious cookie recipes that you should try:
Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 10 tablespoons butter softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons molasses
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ginger
- pinch of ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ¾ cups dark chocolate chips
- In a large bowl add butter, sugars and mix until light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract, molasses and mix. In the same bowl add, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, ginger, cloves, baking soda, baking powder and mix until well combined. Add flour and continue mixing, then add chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease cookie sheets or use parchment paper or baking mat.
- Drop tablespoons of dough onto mat and bake for 13-15 minutes.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!