I love S’mores!! So when I made S’mores Cupcakes, I knew I would eat at least 2 cupcakes and I did!!! If you haven’t already tried making S’mores cupcakes, I strongly suggest you do because it is delicious. I shared these cupcakes with my friends and all came back for a second cupcake, it was that good!
If you are looking for a chocolate cake from scratch, here is my favorite recipe! Milk Chocolate Cake
These cupcakes were SO delicious, I had to put up two pictures!
Tips and Tricks for Making This S’mores Cupcakes Recipe:
- Instead of actual marshmallows, you can use marshmallow filling to top the smores cupcakes. It is easier and there is no need to broil it.
- You can top the Smores cupcakes with ganache for an extra chocolatey taste! Yum!
- Need a cold dessert fix? Top the marshmallow with your favorite flavor of ice cream!
How to Make this S’mores Cupcakes Recipe:
Before starting off with the mixing process, make sure to preheat oven to 350F and line your muffins pan with cupcake liners.
To make the crust, in a bowl add melted butter, sugar, crushed graham crackers, and mix until crumbly:
Add into cupcake liners and press down to even out the surface:
In a large bowl, mix the ingredients for the Milk Chocolate Cake:
The cake batter should have this consistency after mixing:
Now, add chocolate cake into the pan and bake for 15-20 minutes:
Tadaaaa! I am sure your kitchen smells so delicious! But we are not done yet!
Remove from oven and when it’s not too hot to handle, place marshmallows on top of the cupcakes and bake for 3 minutes, then remove and press the cupcakes down:
It should then look like this:
Turn the oven to broil and place cupcakes in the oven for 45 seconds or until the marshmallows are slightly browned:
Frequently Asked Questions for the S’mores Cupcakes Recipe:
Q: Can I use marshmallow fluff instead of actual marshmallows?
A: Yes you can! There will be no need to melt the top if you are using the marshmallow fluff.
Q: Can this be made into a cake?
A: Definitely, yes! You can just bake it as a “whole” and have a delicious S’mores cake!
Q: Can I make this ahead of time and freeze it without the marshmallows?
A: You can make these ahead to save time prepping. Just thaw it accordingly and place the marshmallows on top and pop in the oven for a few minutes to melt the marshmallows.
- 7 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups crushed graham crackers
- Premade chocolate cake
- 24 marshmallows
- Hersheys Chocolate bar
- To make the crust, in a bowl add melted butter, sugar, crushed graham crackers and mix until crumbly. Add into cupcake liners and press down to even out the surface.
- Add chocolate cake into the pan and bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and when it's not too hot to handle, place marshmallows on top of the cupcakes and bake for 3 minutes, then remove and press the cupcakes down.
- Turn the oven to broil and place cupcakes in the oven for 45 seconds or until the marshmallows are slightly browned.