Make these Cookie Bars if you have a craving for something sweet and don’t want to do the hard work involved in baking. They are so easy to make, full of crunchy M & M’s and oh so delicious. The cookies are soft, filling and full of all the chocolate goodness you love in a cookie bar!
I love baking and I just wanted to remind you again. 🙂 These cookies were phenomenal, chewy, soft, and, delicious! I shared it with my lovely sisters and they absolutely loved it as well! I’m so thankful I have family who like to eat the desserts I make. Do you share your desserts with family, friends, and coworkers? Let me know by commenting.
Tips on How to Make Cookie Bars:
- Before mixing the dry ingredients like all-purpose flour, baking soda, and brown sugar, sift them individually. This easy but very important step would make your cookies nice and evenly textured. It wouldn’t be fun biting into a lump of flour in between 🙂
- If you have melted dark chocolate available, you can drizzle some of it on top before serving for a full chocolate experience.
- Make sure to spray a non-stick baking spray if you are not using a nonstick baking pan to prevent the cookie from sticking onto the baking pan.
How to Make Cookie Bars:
These are the ingredients that you will need:
- butter, melted
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- mini or regular m&m’s
Preheat oven to 325F and cover 9×13 pan with foil. Then, in a large bowl, add butter, sugars, and mix until light and fluffy. Next add eggs, vanilla extract, and mix:
The cookie batter will initially look like this:
Add flour, baking soda, salt, and mix until everything is well combined:
Add 1 cup of m&m’s and mix:
Place into 9×13 pan and spread until evenly spaced out in the pan. Then add the last 1 cup of m&m’s and press into the cookie dough:
Bake for 30-35 minutes and allow it to cool for 15 minutes. After completely cooling it, you can go ahead and slice:
Frequently Asked Questions for the Cookie Bars:
Q: Can I freeze this cookie dough a few days before baking?
A: Sure, you can. Just make sure to thaw it before baking.
Q: How many cookies did this recipe make?
A: I have made about 14 cookie slices using this recipe but it will always depend on how big your slices are.
Q: Can I use self-rising flour in this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use it but make sure to check the measurements of other recipes like baking powder.
More delicious and easy cookie recipes:
- 1 ½ sticks butter melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ⅛ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mini or regular m&m's
- Preheat oven to 325F and cover 9x13 pan with foil
- In a large bowl, add butter, sugars, and mix until light and fluffy. Next add eggs, vanilla extract, and mix. Add flour, baking soda, salt, and mix until everything is well combined. Add 1 cup of m&m's and mix. Place into 9x13 pan and spread until evenly spaced out in the pan. Then add the last 1 cup of m&m's and press into the cookie dough.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes and allow it to cool for 15 minutes.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
PINTEREST / FACEBOOK / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!
Lo Lee Chin says
Hi, May i know 1 1/2 sticks butter is how many grams? ^^
hi there! 1 1/2 sticks is 1 1/2 cups of butter. Check out this website to convert: http://calculator-converter.com/converter_g_to_c_grams_to_cups_calculator.php
Rachel Jacobs says
Dear Fellow, in written portion for the butter, it said it should, but your video for M&M cookie bars, you used butter that softened, not melted, so which is correct melted butter, or unsalted butter. ALSO, can I used regular M&M PEANUTS, or should used plain and half mini? Could you get back to me A.S.A.P.
Can I use chocolate chips instead of the M&M’s help!!
of course you can Lesly! :)xx
I love how you come up with amazing recipes! Make some more!
Aww, thank you so much Carlee! I’ll be making more yummy recipes for you guys!