Tips and Tricks for Making This Strawberry Poke Cake Recipe:
- Are you having a party? Make this recipe into Strawberry Poke Cake Bites!
- Keep your fruit toppings looking fresh! Before arranging the fresh strawberries on top of the cake, soak them in lemon juice for a few minutes. The lemon’s acidity will maintain its vibrant color, thus not making it brownish after a few hours.
- When adding the jello to the water, it should be boiling water. This is important because you want the jello to be cooked just right.
- Do you love cream cheese on your dessert? You can make cream cheese as a frosting! I am sure it would taste as good as the whipped topping.
How to Make this Strawberry Poke Cake Recipe:
Before starting, don’t forget to preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare the ingredients ahead. It saves you a lot of time to lay them all out, plus, you know you are not missing an ingredient.
After that, go ahead and prepare a 9×13 inch pan by greasing it.
Are you all set? Let’s begin!
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cake mix, oil, water, and eggs.
Then place it in the oven for 30-35 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
Using a fork, poke holes all over the cake and set aside.
In a saucepan, add the water, lemonade, and bring to a rolling boil. Next, add the strawberry jello and mix until well combined. Allow this to cool completely.
Once the jello mixture has cooled, pour over the cake and then set aside to allow the cake soak in the jello
Add strawberries, whipped topping and decorate!
Cover the whole top of the cake with whipped topping:
Refrigerate your delicious Strawberry Poke Cake. And after a few hours of patiently waiting, here it is!
Frequently Asked Questions for Strawberry Poke Cake Recipe:
Q: Can I do this a few days ahead?
A: Yes, sure you can. You can opt to decorate it ahead or decorate it with fresh sliced strawberries just before serving.
Q: How many servings would this recipe have?
A: This recipe gives you a lot! Depending on how big your slices are, you can have 14 to 20 slices of delicious Strawberry Poke Cake 🙂
Q: Can you make Strawberry poke cupcakes?
A: Definitely yes! Just use cupcake baking pans instead of the usual rectangle baking pans for cakes.
Q: Is jello the same with gelatin?
A: Gelatin is the main ingredient for Jello, which is an already processed food and packed with different flavors.Print
Strawberry Poke Cake
A creative and delicious Strawberry Poke Cake perfect for potlucks and parties!
- 1 box of lemon cake mix
- ingredients to prepare the cake (follow the directions on the back of the box)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of lemonade
- 1 small box of strawberry flavored Jello
- 1 container of whipped topping
- sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare 9×13 inch pan by greasing it.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cake mix, oil, water and eggs. Then place it in the oven for 30-35 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
- Using a fork, poke holes all over the cake and set aside.
- In a saucepan, add the water, lemonade, and bring to a rolling boil. Next add the strawberry jello and mix until well combined. Allow this to cool completely.
- Once the jello mixture has cooled, pour over the cake and then set aside to allow the cake soak in the jello
- Add strawberries, whipped topping and decorate!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!