Banana Bread is one of the most classic quick bread recipes and go-to recipe when you have overripe bananas! This recipe is mildly sweet and definitely moist which everyone will love!
Health Benefits of Bananas:
- Contains nutrients that have the ability to moderate blood sugar levels
- It reduces appetite by decreasing the process of stomach emptying
- It has a fair amount of dietary fiber which aids in digestion
- Supports good heart health because it contains potassium that can help lower blood pressure
Tips and Procedures:
- If you love a hint of chocolate in your super moist banana bread, add in a handful of chocolate chips.
- To add a wonderful texture to your loaf of banana bread, include chopped walnuts or pecans and you may call it Super Moist Banana Nut Bread 🙂
- Have you heard of adding Greek yogurt to a bread recipe? You can add a fourth of a cup of your favorite brand. Greek yogurt gives that tangy flavor to the banana bread and makes the bread moister.
- You can make muffins out of this recipe by simply baking them in muffin pans.
How to Make Super Moist Banana Bread:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- unsalted butter, at room temp
- brown sugar
- bananas, mashed
- vanilla extract*
- chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
These seemingly unpleasant-looking overripe bananas are the best state to make them into a delicious banana bread or cake recipe!
I’ll let you in on a little secret 🙂 I used vanilla butternut for a little extra yumminess!
To save time, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mash bananas in a bowl and set them aside.
Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside. Then, cream butter and brown sugar until completely mixed together. To the creamed butter mixture, add the eggs, mashed bananas, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Blend completely.
Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients a little at a time. Blend thoroughly but don’t over-mix. If using a stand mixer, scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl so there are no lumps of flour left. Pour into a well-greased loaf pan.
Bake on the lowest rack in your oven for 55-60 minutes. When it’s done you should be able to insert a toothpick and it will come out clean. If the top is getting too burnt and the inside is not done, cover it with aluminum foil and bake for another five minutes.
Let it cool before cutting with a serrated bread knife. This recipe makes 1 loaf of super moist banana bread.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What happens if you put too much baking powder in banana bread?
A: It will make the batter bitter if you add too much baking powder so avoid doing it. Make sure you use the right measuring spoon before putting it into your mixing bowl.
Q: Can bananas be too ripe for banana bread?
A: Spotty or even brown ripe bananas are the best ones to use for banana bread or even cake. I think it’s safe to say that there is no such thing as too ripe bananas, as long as it doesn’t have fruit worms in them.
Q: Can you freeze bananas to use for this easy moist banana bread recipe?
A: You can freeze overripe bananas but make sure to thaw them until they can be easily mashed before you use them for this recipe.
Q: Can you substitute the granulated sugar with coconut sugar?
A: Yes, you can do so. The effect would be a decrease in the level of sweetness but an absolutely more natural taste!
Here are more delicious bread and cookie recipes for you to try!
- Banana Bread Cookies
- 2 Ingredient Bread
- Chocolate Filled Bread
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- BEST Banana Cake
Super Moist Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick or ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 overripe bananas mashed
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract*
- chopped pecans or walnuts I did not use nuts for this recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash bananas in a bowl and set them aside.
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream butter and brown sugar until completely mixed together.
- To the creamed butter mixture add the eggs, mashed bananas, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Blend completely.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients a little at a time. Blend thoroughly but don’t over mix.
- Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl if using a stand mixer so there are no lumps of flour left.
- Pour into a well-greased loaf pan.
- Bake on the lowest rack in your oven for 55-60 minutes. When it’s done you should be able to insert a toothpick and it will come out clean. If the top is getting too burnt and the inside is not done, cover it with aluminum foil and bake for another five minutes.
- Let cool before cutting with a serrated bread knife. Makes 1 loaf.
Leave a Reply