Looking for a Pumpkin Chocolate Bread Recipe? Here is a delicious quick and easy bread loaded with moist pumpkin and lots of rich chocolatey flavor.
I love fall season because I have an excuse to use pumpkin!! Not only that, but I also noticed that canned pumpkin is cheaper to purchase, lol. Anyways check out my easy pumpkin chocolate chip bread recipe which is delicious and foolproof. You actually have to not follow the directions to mess up this recipe!
Anyways, thanks again bakers for swinging by this part of the youtube/blogging world, I hope you enjoy this recipe and don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends who LOVE pumpkin!
Tips and Tricks for Making This Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe:
- To prevent the bread from sticking to the loaf pans, don’t forget to spray the pans with baking spray before pouring the bread mixture. You can also use parchment paper if a baking spray is not available.
- To check if the bread is already ready to be taken out from the oven, insert a skewer into the bread and if it’s dry, the bread is done.
- Sift the dry ingredients like flour, baking soda, and baking powder before measuring it and mixing them with other ingredients. This would help you achieve a perfect bread without lumps.
How to Make this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread:
Before you start to mix the ingredients, preheat oven to 350F and grease 2 loaf pans. Now, you are ready. Let’s begin!
In a large bowl mix together the sugar, pumpkin, egg whites, oil, greek yogurt until combined:
The mixture should be smooth like this. Set bowl aside:
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon:
Next, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined:
After mixing the wet and dry ingredients well, add in the chocolate chips and fold it in:
The final mixture should look like this:
Transfer batter to loaf pan and bake for 35-45 minutes. For this recipe, I have used 2 loaf pans:
Cool completely before serving. But if you can’t wait that long, go ahead and enjoy it right away 🙂
That was the easiest bread recipe I have ever done! And believe me, this tastes awesome and is so filling!
Frequently Asked Questions for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe:
Q: Can I replace the canned pumpkin puree with actual pumpkin?
A: Yes, you can replace it with the actual pumpkin. It is always best to use fresh ingredients when you have them on hand.
Q: Aside from the chocolate chips, can I mix in nuts to the bread?
A: For sure, you can add in any nuts you like. That would give the bread a different texture which would make it more delicious to eat.
Q: Will this bread last for a week when refrigerated?
A: It would last for 3 days to a week when carefully chilled. Make sure you keep it in a covered container to avoid contamination just in case you have raw meat or fish in the fridge.
If you like pumpkin recipes, try these ones too:
- Mini Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- Oreo Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Ice Cream
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Yield: 2 loaf pans
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 (15oz) canned pumpkin
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease 2 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl mix together the sugar, pumpkin, egg whites, oil, greek yogurt until combined. Set bowl aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon.
- Next add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined then add the chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to loaf pan and bake for 35-45 minutes. To check if finished insert a skewer into the bread and if it’s dry, the bread is done.
- Cool completely and serve.