I LOVE cookies, and sometimes when I want to bake something, I find myself reaching for my cookie ingredients! Oatmeal cookies are on my top five cookies because sometimes I feel like cookies are really unhealthy and eating oatmeal cookies makes it not as unhealthy (because of the oats) What’s your favorite cookie?
Tips and Procedures:
- Always sift all the dry ingredients before starting the mixing process. It will prevent lumps in your cookies.
- Adjust your cooking time depending on the size of your cookies. Smaller cookies tend to bake faster.
- Store in an airtight container to keep it fresh.
- Double or triple the ingredients listed if you need to make a bigger batch of cookies.
How to Make Oatmeal Cookies:
These are the ingredients that you will need:
- brown sugar
- white sugar
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- quick-cooking oats
- chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
In a large bowl beat brown sugar, white sugar, and butter until light and fluffy:
While mixing add the eggs and vanilla extract:
In another bowl, add all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, and quick oats and mix very well:
Add the raisins:
Then add the chocolate chips:
Roll into 1-inch balls and bake for 12-15 minutes:
There you have it! A quick, energizing breakfast recipe that you can bake ahead of time!
This oatmeal cookie has a tasty and interesting texture when you bite into it. It won’t be a boring cookie after all 🙂
Frequently Asked Questions for the Oatmeal Cookies Recipe:
Q: Can I bake these ahead?
A: Yes, you can bake these oatmeal cookies the night before or even days in advance. Just make sure to keep it in an airtight container to keep it fresh.
Q: Can I use white sugar for this cookie recipe?
A: If you don’t have brown sugar available, you can use white sugar. It would be the same measurement as the brown sugar.
Q: Can I double this cookie recipe if I need a bigger batch?
A: Yes, for sure. Just double or triple the ingredients listed below.
More breakfast and cookie recipes that you need to try!
- Strawberry Greek Yogurt Cake
- S’mores Cookies
- Cassava Cake
- No Bake Cookie Dough Truffles
- Caramel Pretzel Cookies
- Brownie Cookies
- Green Tea Cookies
- Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- Pocky Cookies – 3 Ways
- Caramel Salted Chocolate Cookies
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup raisins
- ⅛ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl beat brown sugar, white sugar, and butter until light and fluffy. While mixing add the eggs and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl add all purpose flour, baking soda, salt, quick oats and mix very well. Add the raisins and chocolate chips.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and bake for 12-15 minutes
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
PINTEREST / FACEBOOK / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!
Im Sammie ,from Malaysia, I very like to watching ur video, is great. Here Im will like to require , oreo cream cheese cookies…. (pops type). Baking and not baking. If can…
Thanks so much.
Have a nice day
Hi Sammie, Nice to meet you and thank you for stopping by my blog! Thank you, I love making baking videos! I will definitely put that on the list!! Thank you for requesting!
Thanks for your easy yet super delicious recipes. I am making this oatmeal cookie but I suppose that I added in too much vanilla oil. Now my dough tastes bitter. I tried neutralizing it with lemon but it just didnt work out. Any suggestion?
Hi Laras! You can add a bit more sugar to it.
Awesome recipe! Yumminess and goodness in one!
Thank you so much Glendale! I appreciate your kind words! xx Lainey