Banana Chocolate Chip Bread is the best banana bread variation you will ever have! Incredibly tender, moist, and flavorful, loaded with chocolate chips!
Tips and Variations:
- If the almond extract is not available or you don’t like it, vanilla extracts perfectly in this recipe.
- For the most flavorful bread, I highly recommend using ripe bananas that are very ripe and easy to mush. Also banana must be brown, very ripe, and easy to mush, but don’t wait for the bananas to turn completely brown, it’s not going to taste good.
- Do not slice the bananas because they will leave lumps when cooked in the bread (unless you like it that way). Instead, mash them then add a recipe, this will result in a soft, fluffy, and moist cake.
- A delicious way to eat the pound cake is with butter or some vanilla ice cream.
- Watch the bread closely after 45-50 minutes of baking to make sure not to over bake it. A toothpick inserted in the center of the cake should come out clean or just with some melted chocolate on, but not raw batter.
- Banana bread can store at room temperature for 24 hours, then must be placed in the fridge for up to a week in an airtight container.
How to Make Banana Chocolate Pound Cake:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- egg yolks
- almond or vanilla extract
- chocolate chips (you can use Semi-Sweet/Milk Chocolate/Vegan)
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and grease a 9-inch loaf pan, then using a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar for 5 minutes or until fluffy.
Slowly, add in eggs, egg yolks, banana, salt, almond extract. Beat until incorporated, about 3 minutes:
Add in flour, a little at a time, then beat on low, until batter is combined fold in chocolate chips:
Spread batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean:
Cool for 20 minutes and then remove from the pan and serve:
Banana Chocolate Pound Cake
- ¾ cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 banana ripe
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon almond extract
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and grease a 9 inch loaf pan
- Using a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar for 5 minutes or until fluffy
- Slowly, add in eggs, egg yolks, banana, salt, almond extract. Beat until incorporated, about 3 minutes
- Add in flour, a little at a time. Beat on low, until batter is combined
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Spread batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Cool for 20 minutes and then remove pound cake from the pan and allow it to cool completely on a rack and then serve.