Make a perfect gift for any occasion! This Blueberry Cupcake Bouquet is a beautiful edible substitute to a flower bouquet – cost-efficient and truly a delicious treat!
Tips and Tricks for Making This Blueberry Cupcake Bouquet Recipe:
- Before frosting, make sure the cupcakes are completely cooled to avoid melting of the frosting.
- Make the frostings ahead in one big batch and just chill it. Take them out from the chiller and frost your Blueberry cupcakes before assembling it into a bouquet.
- You can place mini candy flowers on top of the frosting for a prettier edible bouquet arrangement.
- If you don’t have a piping tip to use when frosting, simply place the whipped cream into a piping bag and make a cut in the corner of the bag and frost. Works perfectly every time!
- Coat the fresh blueberries with flour before mixing it into the batter. The flour will prevent the blueberries from sinking into the bottom.
How to Make this Blueberry Cupcake Bouquet Recipe:
Gather the ingredients for this Blueberry Cupcake Bouquet and once the ingredients are all ready, let’s begin!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line the cupcake pan with liners.
In a large bowl, mix together butter and sugar and add vanilla extract:
Then add eggs and mix until it is well combined:
Take about a spoonful of flour (take it from the 3 cups of flour) and mix with the frozen blueberries, set aside:
Add the flour, baking powder and salt, to the wet ingredients:
Then gradually add the milk and mix until well combined:
When the batter is mixed well, it’s time to add the blueberries which we coated with flour earlier. Mix well until the blueberries are well incorporated:
Add the batter into the cupcake pans and bake for 25-30 minutes:
To check for doneness insert toothpick in the cupcakes and if toothpick is clean, cupcakes are ready!
For the frosting, add a few drops of red food color to make a pink frosting for the blueberry cupcakes:
Here you go! We are now ready to assemble and frost the cupcakes! For me this is the most exciting part 🙂
Insert toothpicks to the foam ball. You will insert the cupcakes into the toothpicks as they will make the cupcakes steady:
Now that you have all the cupcakes inserted in the toothpicks, you are ready to frost them!
I used star piping tip on this one because that was the first piping tip I first saw when I was looking for one. It looked pretty and looks like flower petals, I think.
Tadaaah! I simply inserted mini marshmallows inserted in toothpicks to fill the gaps. It looks soooo pretty! A perfect gift or dessert table centerpiece at a party!
Frequently Asked Questions for the Blueberry Cupcake Bouquet Recipe:
Q: How many cupcakes does this recipe make?
A: This recipe makes 12 blueberry cupcakes.
Q: Can we make this ahead and freeze it?
A: Yes, you can freeze the cupcakes and frost them when you are ready to serve.
Q: How can you store these blueberry cupcakes?
A: You can freeze the cupcakes if you are going to keep them for a week or you can just store them in an airtight container and chill if you are going to serve it within a few days.
Q: Can I make this into a cake instead?
A: Yes, you can! Just use a cake pan instead of cupcake pans.
Q: How did you pipe the frosting?
A: I used a regular round piping tip.
Q: What if I don’t have the fresh blueberries, can I use blueberry jam instead?
A: Fresh ones taste so much better and would give a delicious texture to your Blueberry cupcakes but if you don’t have those, you can use the jam instead. You still get the blueberry flavor without the actual fruit.
More fun cupcake recipes you can try:
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ⅓ cup milk
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line the cupcake pan with liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter and sugar. Then add eggs and vanilla extract and mix until it is well combined.
- Take about a spoonful of flour (take it from the 3 cups of flour) and mix with the frozen blueberries, set aside.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt, to the wet ingredients. Then gradually add the milk and mix until well combined.
- Add the batter into the cupcake pans and bake for 25-30 minutes. To check for doneness insert toothpick in the cupcakes and if toothpick is clean, cupcakes are ready!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!