Here’s a quick and easy-to-make Filipino coconut drink recipe that will surely refreshen your day! It’s a creamy and delicious beverage that will cool you down on a hot sunny day or sweeten your family celebration or party!
What is Buko Salad Drink?
Buko Salad Drink (Young Coconut Salad Drink) is a delicious combination of Filipinos’ popular buko salad and buko juice recipe that is super duper easy to make. It’s mainly made of young coconut strips, nata de coco, sago, sweetened milk, and young coconut water.
It is one of the favorite refreshment options in the Philippines that can be easily made at home during parties, celebrations, or any occasion. It can be bought along the streets as a pair to Filipinos’ afternoon snacks. Give this a try and enjoy a cold treat!
Tips and Procedures:
- Drain the kaong and nata de coco well before mixing as they are bottled in heavy syrup which can make this drink too sweet.
- Make sure to use fresh or frozen young coconut strips.
- Use colored nata de coco or kaong to tint the drink if you prefer not to use food coloring.
- You may use coconut milk instead of evaporated milk.
- Feel free to add more or less of the ingredients to suit your personal taste. You may add tapioca pearls, gulaman, and jelly cubes to this drink.
- Storage: Place this drink in the refrigerator for food safety. For best results, serve cold over ice.
How to Make Buko Salad Drink:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- shredded young coconut
- red nata de coco
- red kaong
- young coconut water
- evaporated milk
- condensed milk
- red food coloring
In a large picture, combine all the ingredients and stir until well combined. Place the buko salad in the fridge and allow it to chill for at least 1 hour:
Serve in tall glasses and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions:
It tastes deliciously sweet and creamy.
Yes, you may opt to use coconut cream but the shredded coconut gives a fresh coconut taste and texture to this drink.
This delicious drink is loaded with young coconut strips, nata de coco, sago, sweetened milk, and young coconut water.
Buko Salad Drink
- 2 cups shredded young coconut
- 1 ¼ cups drained red nata de coco
- 1 cup drained red kaong
- 1 cup cooked sago
- 2 cups young coconut water
- 2 ¾ cups evaporated milk
- 2 ½ cups condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon food coloring
- In a large picture, combine all the ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Place the buko salad in the fridge and allow it to chill for at least 1 hour.
- Best served in tall glasses, chilled.