This refreshing Cantaloupe Juice is a quick and easy recipe that will cool you down on a warm sunny day- and it’s only using 4 ingredients!
Health Benefits of Cantaloupe
- Has loads of anti-oxidants that prevent damage in the cells
- It is high water content that is good to reverse dehydration
- Has a great amount of vitamins A, C, and E
- Promotes good eyesight because of its lutein and zeaxanthin content
Tips on How to Make Cantaloupe Juice:
- Do you love fresh, citrusy juices? Add some lemon, lime or calamansi juice to the cantaloupe juice and sweeten to taste.
- If you prefer to have this cantaloupe juice as a smoothie, you can blend it together with the ice cubes in a blender. Voila, a refreshing cantaloupe juice right for the summer heat!
- For those who love to use brown sugar when making fruit juices, you can substitute the white sugar with the brown variety.
- To add a fresh kick to the cantaloupe juice, crush some fresh mint leaves and mix into the juice. Yum!
- If you are into juicing, process cantaloupe in a juicer and add some ginger. Ginger is an anti-inflammatory spice that goes well with the cantaloupe taste.
How to Make Cantaloupe Juice:
These are the ingredients that you will need:
- ripe cantaloupe
- refined sugar
- ice cubes
Wash and cut cantaloupe in half, then remove seeds. Using a scraper, remove the meat into a bowl and set aside:
In a pitcher, add water, sugar and mix until combined. Check if the sweetness is right and feel free to add additional sugar for preferred taste:
Next, add cantaloupe meat and mix until well combined. ( The color will turn orange ):
Add ice cubes or store in the refrigerator:
Cantaloupe juice, as with other fruit juices, is best served cold. Take some shredded fresh cantaloupe and place in each glass:
Cantaloupe juice is always a staple for Filipinos every summer or each time the cantaloupe bears fruit.
Your family will love this refreshing and natural juice!
Frequently Asked Questions for the Cantaloupe Juice Recipe:
Q: Can you freeze shredded cantaloupe and use it to make juice?
A: Yes, definitely! You can shred them ahead to save time and take out of the freezer when you are ready to make the juice. Frozen cantaloupe can serve as your ice cubes 🙂
Q: Can I make a cantaloupe juice the night before?
A: Yes you can. Just make sure to chill it.
Q: Is cantaloupe high in sugar?
A: Luckily, cantaloupe is among the low sugar fruits. So consuming the juice with a little sugar won’t hurt 🙂
Q: Why is cantaloupe considered a superfood?
A: Cantaloupe contains a lot of anti-oxidants and has a good amount of vitamins and minerals for the human body.
Q: Is musk melon and cantaloupe the same?
A: Yes, they are the same. Other names for cantaloupe are rock melon, mush melon, and Persian melon.
More delicious smoothie recipes:
- Tropical Green Smoothie
- Pineapple Mango Smoothie
- Mulunggay Pineapple Smoothie
- Cantaloupe Smoothie
- Papaya Banana Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Filipino Avocado Smoothie
- Guyabano Smoothie
- Jackfruit Smoothie
- 1 ripe cantaloupe
- ¼ cup refined sugar
- ice cubes
- 2 cups water
- Wash and cut cantaloupe in half, then remove seeds.
- Using a scraper, remove the meat into a bowl and set aside.
- In a pitcher, add water, sugar and mix until combined. Check if the sweetness is right then feel free to add additional sugar for preferred taste.
- Next, add cantaloupe meat and mix until well combined. ( The color will turn orange )
- Add ice cubes or store in the refrigerator.
- Best served cold
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
PINTEREST / FACEBOOK / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!
Leave a Reply