These Double Chocolate Cranberry Cookies are chewy, rich and perfect for days like Valentine’s Christmas or even just a picnic day!
Tips and Tricks for Making This Double Chocolate Cranberry Cookies Recipe:
- Make sure to give an even space or distance between each cookie when baking. It will prevent the cookies from sticking to each other after baking.
- Give these delicious treats as a Christmas gift! Just wrap in decorative packages or boxes and tie a festive holiday ribbon around it.
- Not satisfied with the dark mini chocolate chips? You can add in white chocolate chips in the batter! Yum!
How to Make this Double Chocolate Cranberry Cookies Recipe:
These are the Double Chocolate Cranberry Cookies ingredients that you will need:
- unsalted butter softened
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar, packed
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- cocoa powder
- baking soda
- dark chocolate chips
- caramel filled chocolate chips (optional)
- dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare cookie sheets.
In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy:
The mixture must look like this. You can see that the ingredients are well mixed. Set this aside and start mixing the dry ingredients:
In a medium-sized bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt:
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until well combined:
Gradually add chocolate chips and cranberries. Tadaaa! Your final cookie dough will look like this:
Roll cookie dough into large 1 inch balls, place on pan and flatten with palm or flat surface item. Bake for 10-13 minutes:
Cool on pan for 2 minutes before transferring to a cookie rack:
Frequently Asked Questions for the Double Chocolate Cranberry Cookies Recipe:
Q: Can we double this recipe?
A: Yes, for sure! You can make several cookies by doubling the ingredients listed.
Q: Should we measure the flour before or after sifting?
A: For me, I always sift the flour first before measuring. This will ensure lump-free cookies.
Q: How far in advance can I make the dough?
A: You can make the dough a day in advance and just freeze it. Remember to thaw it properly before baking them.
Q: How long do I bake these cookies and what temperature?
A: Bake these cookies for 25-30 minutes at 300F.
Here are more delicious cookie recipes that you should try:
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brownie Cookies
- Brownie Meringue Cookies | 5 Ingredients ONLY
- Nutella Stuffed Cookies
- Choco Mint Blossom Cookies
Double Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ⅔ cups cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups dark chocolate chips
- ½ - 1 cup caramel filled chocolate chips optional
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Set aside
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until well combined, then add chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Roll cookie dough into large 1 inch balls, place on pan and flatten with palm or flat surface item.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes. Cool on pan for 2 minutes before transferring to cookie rack.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
PINTEREST / FACEBOOK / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!
Wow! I need this recipe!
Go grab it, Bonnie! Thank you for swinging by!