Hi Simply Bakers, welcome back!
I hope you guys enjoy this delicious cookie recipe- it’s soft and chewy and definitely on the sweet side. Let me know in the comments what kind of fruit cookie you want to see next!
Tips and Procedures:
- Coating the sliced strawberries with flour before adding it to the dough will prevent the sliced strawberries from sinking at the bottom of each cookie
- Why do we need to squeeze lemon juice on the strawberry slices? This prevents the strawberries from discoloration because of the lemon’s acidity
- If you don’t have flat baking sheets or baking pans, you can also use muffin tins in baking. Just make sure you spray it well with baking spray or oil your muffin pans generously
- Place your cookie dough evenly on your baking sheets. This will also give them enough space from each cookie as they bake
How to Make Easy Strawberry Shortcake Cookies:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- fresh strawberries
- lemon juice
- cream cheese
- unsalted butter
- vanilla extract
- granulated sugar
- all purpose flour
- baking powder
- white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350F and line cookie sheets with parchment paper or a baking mat.
Squeeze lemon juice over the chopped strawberries and set aside:
In a large bowl, cream together the cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract, and granulated sugar:
Mix ingredients thoroughly using a hand mixer until it becomes pasty and no lumps are visible:
Next, add egg and mix until well combined then set aside:
In a medium-size bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet mixture:
Mix until well combined:
Add white chocolate chips and continue mixing:
In a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of flour with the strawberries:
Add to the cookie batter and mix until just combined:
Using a cookie scooper, scoop the cookies onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown:
IMMEDIATELY transfer cookies to a cookie rack and cool completely:
Look how pretty they are! The strawberry slices are visible in each cookie – the step where we coated the strawberry slices with flour helped a lot.
You can even make these cookies prettier by adding a drizzle of chocolate ganache on top or just sprinkle it with sanding sugar and your strawberry shortcake cookies are off to the next level!
The full recipe is below, plus a step-by-step video if you’d like more guidance. Enjoy!
Looking for more strawberry desserts?
- No Bake Strawberry Float
- Strawberry Poke Cake
- White Chocolate Strawberry Pie
- White Chocolate Strawberry Cupcakes
Easy Strawberry Shortcake Cookies
- ¾ cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 6 oz white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350F and line cookie sheets with parchment paper or baking mat.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the chopped strawberries and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract and granulated sugar. Next add egg and mix until well combined then set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix until well combined.
- Add white chocolate chips and continue mixing.
- In a small bowl mix 2 tablespoons of flour with the strawberries, then add to the cookie batter and mix until just combined.
- Using a cookie scooper, scoop the cookies onto the cookie sheet and bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- IMMEDIATELY transfer cookies to a cookie rack and cool completely.
I love this cookie recipe Lainey, perfect for the holidays!
Thank you so much for the appreciation, Glendale! xx
hi i just made these cookies. they came out ok. I just wish the chocolate chips melted a little more. i kept them in for 17 minutes to see if that would give them a more golden look.
Overall its a simple recipe to follow.
Hey quinn! Thanks for trying out this recipe. Yes, this is just easy to follow. Please tag me with your Strawberry shortcake cookies photos when you bake it again. Enjoy!
Steve W. says
Great flavor, but cookies were not as golden as the recipe indicates.
Awww sorry about that, Steve. Try moving the baking sheet to the top rack. That usually helps with browning. Sorry for the late response.