I actually really love vegan chocolate ice cream. I also think I am lactose intolerant and have been for quite a while, so eating any vegan foods really helps.
A little background about myself, I’ve been vegetarian for 11 years now, by choice too. My husband has been vegetarian all his life and is now leaning on a vegan diet, so he really enjoys any vegan desserts I make. I was actually working on a recipe for chocolate truffles and instead I messed up and accidentally came up with this recipe! (I’m so glad I messed up, lol) My family loved this ice cream and didn’t believe me it was vegan.
Anyways, I hope guys enjoy this recipe and let me know in the comments if you want to see more vegan recipes!
If you’re a visual learner (like me):
- 1 15oz can of full fat coconut milk
- 3 cups vegan chocolate
- In a sauce pan, add the coconut milk and bring to a light boil.
- In a large bowl, add the vegan chocolate and the hot coconut milk.
- Mix for about 3-4 minutes until the batter turns into a dark chocolate.
- Cover with cling wrap and freeze best overnight.