A creamy 2 ingredient chocolate ice cream for the chocolate lover! Dairy-free and no ice cream maker required!
I actually really love vegan chocolate ice cream. I also think I am lactose intolerant (so I would always look for dairy-free food) and have been for quite a while, so eating any vegan foods really helps.
A little background about myself, I’ve been a vegetarian for 11 years now, by choice too. My husband has been vegetarian all his life and is now leaning on a vegan diet, so he really enjoys any vegan desserts I make. I was actually working on a recipe for chocolate truffles and instead, I messed up and accidentally came up with this recipe! (I’m so glad I messed up, lol). My family loved this ice cream and didn’t believe me it was vegan.
Tips and Tricks for Making This Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe:
- You can also run the mixture through a sifter to make sure that chocolate lumps won’t be included.
- Watch over the coconut milk carefully when boiling it. Boiling it too much turns it into coconut oil which you won’t be needing in your ice cream recipe.
- If you have options for chocolate chips that are quick-melt, go ahead and buy those. You will have an easier task in melting those chocolate lumps.
How to Make this Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream:
Mix for about three to four minutes, stirring constantly to get rid of chocolate lumps. It is important to get that smooth and shiny chocolate liquid to achieve a smooth ice cream texture.
After diligently stirring the mixture, it should look like this: dark-colored chocolate that is shiny and smooth:
Now it’s ready to be frozen! Freeze it 3-4 hours but for best results, freeze it overnight:
I was so excited to scoop it out because it looked very creamy and smooth. So when I took my first bite, I was right! 🙂 You guys gotta give it and let me know how you liked it.
Adding a sprinkle of dried shredded coconuts makes this Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream over the top!
Anyways, I hope guys enjoy this recipe and let me know in the comments if you want to see more vegan recipes, especially vegan ice cream recipes!
Frequently Asked Questions for Simple Lemon Cake Recipe:
Q: I love having vanilla extract in desserts. Can I add some to this recipe?
A: Yes, you can add vanilla extract. It would enhance the sweet aroma of the chocolate and for sure it would enhance this recipe even more.
Q: They say adding salt enhances the sweetness of any dessert. Is it okay if I add a bit of salt to this ice cream?
A: That is a great idea! Yes, that’s true. Adding salt to any sweet food brings out the natural sweetness even more and making it more delicious.
Q: I want my ice cream to have different textures when I eat them. Can I add nuts?
A: Definitely you can add any kind of nuts you love.
Watch my Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream STEP by STEP video:
I have similar recipes if you looking for more ideas. Happy Baking!
More ice cream recipes:
Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1 15 oz can of full-fat coconut milk
- 3 cups vegan chocolate
- In a saucepan, add the coconut milk and bring to a light boil.
- In a large bowl, add the vegan chocolate and the hot coconut milk.
- Mix for about 3-4 minutes until the batter turns into a dark chocolate.
- Cover with cling wrap and freeze best overnight.