This Vegan Pumpkin Pie is an easy and beautiful dessert to make for Thanksgiving. Using the classic pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon spice, and pumpkin puree, to make the traditional pumpkin pie in vegan form.
Tips on How to Make Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- Always grease your pie dish before putting in the crust to make sure your pie won’t stick after baking.
- Feel free to use pumpkin pie filling if you do not have fresh pumpkins on hand.
- When making your own pie crust, make sure to mix the crust dough on a floured surface. It helps a lot to prevent your dough from sticking to the surface.
- If you love cold desserts, you can put them in the fridge after cooling them completely
- Getting tired of mixing your batter with a wire whisk or hand mixer? You can just dump all ingredients in a food processor and mix away!
How to Make Vegan Pumpkin Pie:
Preparation: Before mixing the ingredients for the Vegan Pumpkin Pie recipe, preheat the oven to 350F and lightly grease the pie pan.
In a large bowl, add the sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, salt, cornstarch, syrup, non-dairy milk, and pumpkin:
Using a handheld mixer, mix until well combined:
Prepare vegan pie crust or use a pre-made pie crust:
Place the crust on a greased baking dish and decorate the edge of your pie by simply pushing it with your thumb, like so:
Poke holes at the bottom of the crust using a fork:
Pour the pumpkin batter into the pie crust:
For a Thanksgiving-themed or Fall-themed dessert, you can use your extra pie crust as a decorative topping by simply shaping a leaf using a leaf cookie cutter:
Bake for 1 hour and allow to cool completely:
Slice before serving. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions for Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipe:
Q: Do I really have to use eggs for this recipe?
A: If you don’t want to use eggs or don’t eat them, you can replace them with egg substitutes that are readily available in your nearest grocery shops.
Q: Is there a vegan substitute for evaporated milk?
A: Yes. There are many substitutes like almond milk, coconut milk, and even soy milk or silken tofu.
Q: What do you think about substituting silken tofu for coconut milk?
A: If you are trying to lose weight, the best substitute for coconut milk would be silken tofu.
Vegan Pumpkin Pie Video Recipe:
More Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes:
Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- ½ cup sucanat
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup non dairy milk I used vanilla soy milk
- 1 can pureed pumpkin
- vegan pie crust or use my homemade one
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease pie pan
- In a large bowl, add the sucanet, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, salt, cornstarch, syrup, non dairy milk and pumpkin. Using a handheld mixer, mix until well combined.
- Prepare vegan pie crust or use a pre made pie crust and poke holes using a fork. Then pour the pumpkin batter into the pie crust.
- Bake for 1 hour and allow to cool completely.