Tips and Tricks for Making This Hot Fudge Chocolate Cake Recipe:
- Do you love chocolate cakes with a hint of coffee? Add a bit of espresso powder to make it into a mocha hot fudge chocolate cake!
- For a more festive look, top with whipped cream or your favorite vanilla ice cream before serving.
- If you want to use healthier versions of milk, you can use almond milk for this recipe. Works the same and still, your cake would taste great!
How to Make this Hot Fudge Chocolate Cake Recipe:
Gather the ingredients for this Hot Fudge Chocolate Cake. Once the ingredients are all ready, let’s begin!
For you to save time, preheat your oven to 350F and grease a 9×9 inch pan or baking dish before starting the mixing process.
In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, namely the all-purpose flour, sugar, salt, unsweetened cocoa powder, and baking soda:
Add milk, butter, and stir well until well combined:
Pour the cake batter into the pan and flatten using a rubber spatula or any kitchen tool you have. You can even use the back of a spoon 🙂
Sprinkle the brown sugar generously on top of the batter:
Then add the hot water:
Bake for 30-40 minutes or until firm or the sauce bubbles:
Perfect! A delicious, chocolatey fudgy cake perfect for any occasion!
Serve with whipped cream or ice cream. Yum!
Frequently Asked Questions for the Hot Fudge Chocolate Cake Recipe:
Q: Is this the same as lava cake?
A: Yes, it does resemble the lava cake. There are just a few twists to it but both cakes taste so good!
Q: Can I make cupcakes out of this recipe?
A: Yes you can. Just use cupcake pans instead of the usual baking dish.
Q: What can I substitute to flour to make it gluten-free?
A: There is a lot of substitute to all-purpose flour to make it gluten-free. You may use almond flour, oat flour, coconut flour, and rice flour.
Hot Fudge Chocolate Cake
This is an ooeey gooeey, easy, and delicious Hot Fudge Chocolate cake that is so easy to make and would make any occasion a very special one!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder**
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 cups hot water
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease 9×9 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together all purpose flour, sugar, salt, baking soda. Add milk, butter and mix until well combined and pour into the pan. Sprinkle sugar on top of the batter, then add the hot water.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until firm or the sauce bubbles.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
**I mentioned in the video 2 tablespoons of baking powder I mean to say 2 TEASPOONS.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!