Tips and Tricks for Making This Hot Fudge Chocolate Cake Recipe:
- Do you love chocolate cakes with a hint of coffee? Add a bit of espresso powder to make it into a mocha hot fudge chocolate cake!
- For a more festive look, top with whipped cream or your favorite vanilla ice cream before serving.
- If you want to use healthier versions of milk, you can use almond milk for this recipe. Works the same and still, your cake would taste great!
How to Make this Hot Fudge Chocolate Cake Recipe:
Gather the ingredients for this Hot Fudge Chocolate Cake. Once the ingredients are all ready, let’s begin!
For you to save time, preheat your oven to 350F and grease a 9×9 inch pan or baking dish before starting the mixing process.
In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, namely the all-purpose flour, sugar, salt, unsweetened cocoa powder, and baking soda:
Add milk, butter, and stir well until well combined:
Pour the cake batter into the pan and flatten using a rubber spatula or any kitchen tool you have. You can even use the back of a spoon 🙂
Sprinkle the brown sugar generously on top of the batter:
Then add the hot water:
Bake for 30-40 minutes or until firm or the sauce bubbles:
Perfect! A delicious, chocolatey fudgy cake perfect for any occasion!
Serve with whipped cream or ice cream. Yum!
Frequently Asked Questions for the Hot Fudge Chocolate Cake Recipe:
Q: Is this the same as lava cake?
A: Yes, it does resemble the lava cake. There are just a few twists to it but both cakes taste so good!
Q: Can I make cupcakes out of this recipe?
A: Yes you can. Just use cupcake pans instead of the usual baking dish.
Q: What can I substitute to flour to make it gluten-free?
A: There is a lot of substitute to all-purpose flour to make it gluten-free. You may use almond flour, oat flour, coconut flour, and rice flour.
Hot Fudge Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder**
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ¾ cups hot water
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease 9x9 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together all purpose flour, sugar, salt, baking soda. Add milk, butter and mix until well combined and pour into the pan. Sprinkle sugar on top of the batter, then add the hot water.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until firm or the sauce bubbles.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
PINTEREST / FACEBOOK / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!
Vous avez oublié la quantité de cacao dans la recette! !!
Vikki shine says
By the way the Magic Cake was insanely good everything I expected !!
Awesome! I’m so glad it turned out well for you Vikki!
As was noted by Johanne in the first comment, your written ingredients and the Instructions don’t match.
In the Instructions Its baking powder not Baking Soda, and the Cocoa is omitted.
Confusing if you haven’t prepared using the comparing the video and the ingredients
Haven’t tried it yet but at least I am sure I understand it.
Jim, I left a note in the the recipe noting the mistake in the video.
Seema Sharma says
It is baking powder because mostly baking powder used to make cake
HELLO SIMPLYBAKING COULD COME TO SINGAPORE TO TEACH ME HOW TO MAKE HOT FUDGE CHOCOLATE CAKE
Hi Oscar! Thanks for swinging by my blog! You can watch my videos! Hope you try this recipe soon!
Seema Sharma says
Mam can I used a plane sugar replacement of brown sugar.
Hi Seema! Yes, sure you can use just white sugar if that’s what you have 🙂
Awesome recipe! Yumminess and goodness in one!
Thank you so much Bonnie! I appreciate your kind words!