An easy holiday dessert recipe that will get your creativity working! Christmas tree shortbread cookies recipe is a flaky, sweet, and colorful dessert to make on Christmas day!
Tips and Tricks for Making This Christmas Tree Shortbread Cookies Recipe:
- You can use other colors of candy melts to resemble a colorful Christmas tree.
- Give these delicious treats as a Christmas gift! Just wrap in decorative packages or boxes and tie a festive holiday ribbon around it. A delicious and non-expensive holiday gift for your friends and family!
How to Make this Christmas Tree Shortbread Cookies Recipe:
Gather the ingredients for this Christmas Tree Shortbread Cookies and once the ingredients are all ready, let’s begin!
- salted butter
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- green candy melts
- Christmas sprinkles
Preheat oven to 300F, generously oil two 9 inch pie pans.
In a large bowl, add butter, powdered sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and continue mixing until well combined:
Gradually add all-purpose flour until well incorporated:
Divide cookie dough in half and place it into the pie pans:
Spread the cookie dough out evenly:
Poke the cookie dough with a fork:
Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for 2 minutes in the pan before transferring onto a plate.
Cut the cookies into triangles:
Melt the candy melts. I chose the dark green one here:
Drizzle generously over cookies:
Then now you can add sprinkles:
Beautiful, edible Christmas tree cookies! Aren’t they beautiful?!?
Looking closely, you see that you don’t have to make perfect lines of green chocolate melts. Just go wherever your hand leads you. In the end, you will always make a pretty and delicious Christmas tree cookie!
Frequently Asked Questions for the Christmas Tree Shortbread Cookies Recipe:
Q: Can we double this recipe?
A: Yes, for sure! You can make several cookies by doubling the ingredients listed.
Q: Should we measure the flour before or after sifting?
A: For me, I always sift the flour first before measuring. This will ensure lump-free cookies.
Q: How far in advance can I make the dough?
A: You can make the dough a day in advance and just freeze it. Remember to thaw it properly before baking them.
Q: How long do I bake these cookies and what temperature?
A: Bake these cookies for 25-30 minutes at 300F.
Here are more delicious cookie recipes that you should try:
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brownie Cookies
- Brownie Meringue Cookies | 5 Ingredients ONLY
- Nutella Stuffed Cookies
- Choco Mint Blossom Cookies
Christmas Tree Shortbread Cookies
- 2 sticks 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 2 ¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup green candy melts
- Christmas sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 300F, generously oil two 9 inch pie pans.
- In a large bowl, add butter, powdered sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and continue mixing until well combined. Gradually add all purpose flour until well incorporated.
- Divide cookie dough in half and place into the pie pans and spread the cookie dough out evently. Poke the cookie dough with a fork.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow the cookies to cool for 2 minutes in the pan before transferring onto plate. Cut the cookies into triangles, and melt the candy melts and drizzles over cookies. Add sprinkles.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
PINTEREST / FACEBOOK / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!
Wow! I need this recipe!
Go grab it Pressy!