Christmas Tree Shortbread Cookies
- 2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup green candy melts
- Christmas sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 300F, generously oil two 9 inch pie pans.
- In a large bowl, add butter, powdered sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and continue mixing until well combined. Gradually add all purpose flour until well incorporated.
- Divide cookie dough in half and place into the pie pans and spread the cookie dough out evently. Poke the cookie dough with a fork.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow the cookies to cool for 2 minutes in the pan before transferring onto plate. Cut the cookies into triangles, and melt the candy melts and drizzles over cookies. Add sprinkles.