Dairy Free Snickerdoodles recipe with no special ingredients. Just the classic cinnamon-rolled sugar cookies; fluffy, chewy, and tender.
Tips on How to Make DAIRY FREE Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Preheating the oven before working on the cookie dough ingredients will save you a lot of time and saves half of your waiting time.
- Instead of using refined sugar, you can substitute it with brown sugar.
- When mixing butter and sugar, always make sure that it is fluffy and light, more like a buttery spread. Mixing it well will give you soft, nicely textured snickerdoodle cookies.
- You can place these delicious cookies in a small box and give it to vegan friends as a gift.
How to Make DAIRY FREE Snickerdoodle Cookies:
Before starting mixing the ingredients together, preheat oven to 350F and prepare cookie sheets using a baking mat or parchment paper. After all of that’s set, you can now begin!
In a large bowl, cream together the vegan butter and sugar:
It should turn out light and fluffy:
Add the almond milk or your choice of dairy-free milk and mix until combined:
Next add the baking soda, salt, cream of tartar, cornstarch, all-purpose flour and mix well:
The dough should then look like this:
Chill the dough for at least 2 hours or best overnight. Use a ziplock bag in storing your dough for easier handling:
Using a mini cookie scooper, scoop the dough:
Coat the dough balls into the cinnamon sugar mixture:
To make the cinnamon sugar mixture, mix together the ground cinnamon and granulated sugar.
After coating the dough balls with the cinnamon-sugar mixture, place on a non-stick cookie sheet:
Bake for 10 minutes, remove and cool on cookie rack:
Get the full recipe below, plus a video if you’d like more guidance.
You can see all of my cookie recipes in the Cookie Recipe section of my Recipe Index. But if you’re looking vegan cookies check out these yummy cookie recipes:
DAIRY FREE Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 1 cup non hydrogenated margarine, softened (vegan butter)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl cream together the vegan butter and sugar until it’s light and fluffy. Next add the almond milk or your choice of dairy free milk and mix until combined.
- Next add the baking soda, salt, cream of tartar, cornstarch, all purpose flour and mix well. Chill the dough for at least 2 hours or best over night.
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare cookie sheets using a baking mat or parchment paper.
- To make the cinnamon sugar mixture, mix together the cinnamon and granulated sugar.
- Using a mini cookie scooper, scoop the cough dough into the cinnamon sugar mixture and roll into a ball, then place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove and cool on cookie rack.