Dairy Free Snickerdoodles recipe with no special ingredients. Just the classic cinnamon-rolled sugar cookies; fluffy, chewy, and tender.
Tips on How to Make DAIRY FREE Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Preheating the oven before working on the cookie dough ingredients will save you a lot of time and saves half of your waiting time.
- Instead of using refined sugar, you can substitute it with brown sugar.
- When mixing butter and sugar, always make sure that it is fluffy and light, more like a buttery spread. Mixing it well will give you soft, nicely textured snickerdoodle cookies.
- You can place these delicious cookies in a small box and give it to vegan friends as a gift.
How to Make DAIRY FREE Snickerdoodle Cookies:
Before starting mixing the ingredients together, preheat oven to 350F and prepare cookie sheets using a baking mat or parchment paper. After all of that’s set, you can now begin!
In a large bowl, cream together the vegan butter and sugar:
It should turn out light and fluffy:
Add the almond milk or your choice of dairy-free milk and mix until combined:
Next add the baking soda, salt, cream of tartar, cornstarch, all-purpose flour and mix well:
The dough should then look like this:
Chill the dough for at least 2 hours or best overnight. Use a ziplock bag in storing your dough for easier handling:
Using a mini cookie scooper, scoop the dough:
Coat the dough balls into the cinnamon sugar mixture:
To make the cinnamon sugar mixture, mix together the ground cinnamon and granulated sugar.
After coating the dough balls with the cinnamon-sugar mixture, place on a non-stick cookie sheet:
Bake for 10 minutes, remove and cool on cookie rack:
You can see all of my cookie recipes in the Cookie Recipe section of my Recipe Index. But if you’re looking vegan cookies check out these yummy cookie recipes:
DAIRY FREE Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 1 cup non hydrogenated margarine softened (vegan butter)
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 ⅔ cups all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl cream together the vegan butter and sugar until it's light and fluffy. Next add the almond milk or your choice of dairy free milk and mix until combined.
- Next add the baking soda, salt, cream of tartar, cornstarch, all purpose flour and mix well. Chill the dough for at least 2 hours or best over night.
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare cookie sheets using a baking mat or parchment paper.
- To make the cinnamon sugar mixture, mix together the cinnamon and granulated sugar.
- Using a mini cookie scooper, scoop the cough dough into the cinnamon sugar mixture and roll into a ball, then place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove and cool on cookie rack.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!