Rice Krispies Cereal is one of the best cereals ever, because there are so many ways to use the cereal as a dessert!! I decided to use them in cookies and it gave such a beautiful and wonderful flavor and texture!
Can you name more ways to use rice krispies cereal as a dessert? List them below!
- 1 stick butter, softened (1/2 cup)
- ½ brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup rice krispies cereal
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350F, grease baking sheet or use baking mat.
- In a large bowl add butter, sugars and beat until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla extract and continue mixing. Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, mix, then add oats, rice krispies cereal, chocolate chips, and mix with wooden spoon until combined. Then add flour and mix.
- Roll into balls and bake for 13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to cookie rack.
For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video tutorial below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!) and new video posts on FRIDAYS !
CLICK TO WATCH