Rice Krispies Cereal is one of the best cereals ever because there are so many ways to use the cereal as a dessert!! I decided to use them in cookies, and they gave such a beautiful and wonderful flavor and texture! Can you name more ways to use rice krispies cereal as a dessert? List them below!
Tips and Tricks for Making These Rice Krispies Cookies:
- If you don’t have parchment paper or a nonstick cookie sheet, brush your cookie sheet with melted butter to prevent the cookies from sticking.
- If you have frozen cookie dough, let it stay at room temperature for at least an hour for easier handling of the dough.
- You can add minced dried fruits for a more delicious and interesting texture. Just make sure not to add too much as it will cause the cookies to break off while baking.
- Don’t forget to sift your dry ingredients. You wouldn’t want flour lumps in your cookies 🙂
How to Make these Rice Krispies Cookies:
These are the ingredients that you will need:
- brown sugar
- white sugar
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
- baking soda
- rolled oats
- rice Krispies cereal
- chocolate chips
- mini marshmallows
- all-purpose flour
Preheat the oven to 350F, grease the baking sheet or use a baking mat.
In a large bowl add butter, and sugars and beat until light and fluffy:
Add egg, vanilla extract and continue mixing:
Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, and mix:
Now it’s time to add oats, rice krispies cereal, chocolate chips, and marshmallows and mix with a wooden spoon until combined:
Then add flour and mix:
After mixing it well, the final cookie dough will look like this:
Roll into balls and bake for 13 minutes or until golden brown:
Allow to sit for 5 minutes on a baking sheet, then transfer to a cookie rack:
When I baked these, I wasn’t able to wait for them to cool down completely, I took a bite! These cookies are delicious and have an interesting texture to them that I have to stay away from the cookie jar, lol!
Frequently Asked Questions for the Rice Krispies Cookies Recipe:
Q: Can you freeze the cookie dough?
A: Yes, for sure you can. Just thaw it properly before forming and baking it.
Q: How long will the cookies stay fresh?
A: If you keep them in an airtight container and chill it, you can keep them in a week or more.
Q: How many cookies does this recipe make?
A: You can make 12-15 cookies with this recipe, depending on how large your Rice Krispies cookies are.
Here are more delicious cookie recipes that you should try:
Rice Krispies Cookies
- 1 stick butter softened (½ cup)
- ½ brown sugar packed
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup rice krispies cereal
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350F, grease baking sheet or use baking mat.
- In a large bowl add butter, sugars and beat until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla extract and continue mixing. Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, mix, then add oats, rice krispies cereal, chocolate chips, marshmallows and mix with wooden spoon until combined. Then add flour and mix.
- Roll into balls and bake for 13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to cookie rack.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!