Growing up I was not allowed to eat sweets, however when I was in third or maybe fourth grade I was introduced to donuts. My teachers would allow parents to bring breakfast for the class and most parents would bring donuts because it was easy and kids love them. My love for donuts began and it only grew worse as I got older.
Now that I’m a little older, I try to eat a little bit better. So instead of deep frying the donuts, I baked them instead. It’s not as fluffy, but it’s still delicious! What kind of donuts do you like eating? My favorite one is the plain donut with no glaze or sprinkles.
Have you watched the video?
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 5 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and oil donut baking pan.
- In a medium sized bowl add flour, salt, baking powder, and mix.
- In a large bowl add sugar, egg, milk, vanilla extract, butter, and beat until well combined. Add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix, but don't over mix.
- In a ziplock bag add the batter and snip of one of the corners of the edges and pipe it into the donut pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- In another bowl, add ¼ cup milk and slowly add powdered sugar ¼ cup at a time while mixing.
- Dip donuts in the glaze and add sprinkles.
CLICK TO WATCH