Growing up I was not allowed to eat sweets, however when I was in third or maybe fourth grade I was introduced to donuts. My teachers would allow parents to bring breakfast for the class and most parents would bring donuts because it was easy and kids love them. My love for donuts began and it only grew worse as I got older.
Now that I’m a little older, I try to eat a little bit better. So instead of deep frying the donuts, I baked them instead. It’s not as fluffy, but it’s still delicious! What kind of donuts do you like eating? My favorite one is the plain donut with no glaze or sprinkles.
Tips and Tricks for Making This Vanilla Donuts Recipe:
- If you do not have store-bought sprinkles, you can make your own! Just put some granulated sugar in a container or ziplock bag and drop any food color you like and shake! Now you have instant colorful sprinkles for your vanilla donuts.
- For a more festive look, sprinkle with colorful candy sprinkles. The more color you sprinkle, the merrier!
How to Make this Vanilla Donuts Recipe:
Gather the ingredients for this Vanilla Donuts. Once the ingredients are all ready, preheat oven to 325 degrees F and spray donut baking pan with a nonstick spray.
In a medium-sized bowl add flour, salt, baking powder, and mix using a whisk:
In a large bowl add sugar, egg, milk, vanilla extract, butter, and beat until well combined:
Add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix, but don’t over mix:
This is how the donut batter should look like:
In a ziplock bag add the batter and snip off one of the corners of the edges and pipe it into the donut pan:
Bake for 12-15 minutes:
In another bowl, add 1/4 cup milk and slowly add powdered sugar 1/4 cup at a time while mixing:
After giving the donuts enough time to cool in a cooling rackDip donuts in the glaze and add sprinkles:
Aren’t the donuts pretty as well as delicious?!? And it is equally delicious, too! These vanilla donuts are even perfect for Valentine’s day!
Frequently Asked Questions for the Vanilla Donuts Recipe:
Q: I do not have an oven. Can I deep-fry this instead?
A: Yes of course. It’s just that baking these donuts are way healthier than frying them.
Q: Can I make this a day before?
A: Yes you can. Just keep in the fridge and pop in the microwave oven when you are about to serve it.Print
Soft and delicious, easy to make Vanilla glazed donuts that is a sure crowd pleaser!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 5 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and oil donut baking pan.
- In a medium sized bowl add flour, salt, baking powder, and mix.
- In a large bowl add sugar, egg, milk, vanilla extract, butter, and beat until well combined. Add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix, but don’t over mix.
- In a ziplock bag add the batter and snip of one of the corners of the edges and pipe it into the donut pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- In another bowl, add 1/4 cup milk and slowly add powdered sugar 1/4 cup at a time while mixing.
- Dip donuts in the glaze and add sprinkles.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!