These Peanut Butter Cookies With A Twist is simple to make, and has a wonderfully, crunchy moist crumb, with caramel surprise in every bite! These cookies are perfect to have for dessert after meals or with your afternoon tea.
It’s COOKIE MONDAY time! A new series that I started on my YouTube Channel! I’ve made peanut butter cookies many times, but these were my favorite because I not only put Ghirardelli Dark Sea Salt Caramel in the center, I also tried it with Cookie Butter from Trader Joes.
The texture is chewy even after I left it sitting in the open air for about two hours! I probably could have made the cookies bite-sized, but if you are having a bake sale these cookies would be perfect to sell individually.
There are so many different ways I can make peanut butter cookies, what are some ways you have made them?
Tips on How to Make Peanut Butter Cookies With A Twist:
- VERY IMPORTANT TIP: Make sure to allow the cookies to sit on the pan for about 10 minutes for the caramel to harden, or else caramel will be everywhere!
- If you will be adding some more nuts or maybe chocolate chips, just make sure you do not add too much of everything since it will break your cookies and won’t form nicely.
- Keep your Peanut Butter Cookies fresh for days. Store them in an airtight container and grab some delicious treat anytime!
- Wrap these delicious Peanut Butter Cookies and give them a pretty and edible holiday gift.
How to Make Peanut Butter Cookies With A Twist:
These are the ingredients that you will need:
- softened butter
- brown sugar
- white sugar
- peanut butter
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
- all-purpose flour
- Ghirardelli dark salted caramel Chocolate
Preheat oven 375 degrees F and grease cookie sheet, use parchment paper or Silpat.
Then in a large bowl add butter, brown and white sugars and cream until fluffy. Add egg, peanut butter, milk, vanilla extract, and mix:
Then add baking soda, salt, all-purpose flour, and mix:
Roll into a large ball about 2 inches and press in the center of the cookie Ghirardelli dark salted caramel bar:
I used this chocolate brand specifically because I love the rich taste of both dark and salted caramel that it gives to the cookie 🙂
Press with a fork to flatten the cookie and bake for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown:
There you go! Your delicious Peanut Butter Cookies with a delicious twist is done! Those are just a few easy steps, right?
Frequently Asked Questions for the Peanut Butter Cookies With A Twist:
Q: Can I freeze this cookie dough a few days before baking?
A: Sure, you can. Just make sure to thaw it before baking.
Q: How many cookies did this recipe make?
A: I have made about 24 cookies using this recipe.
Q: Can I make big cookies out of this recipe?
A: I do not advise making very large cookies as it will affect the cooking time and also the quality of the cookies.
Q: How do you store these cookies?
A: Keep them in an airtight container after cooling them completely.
Q: Are these cookies supposed to be chewy?
A: It does have a slightly chewy texture to it but it also has a soft texture inside.
More delicious and easy cookie recipes:
- Nutella Cookies
- Fruity Pebble Marshmallow Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Macaroon Cookies
- 3 Ingredient No-Bake Cheesecake
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brownie Cookies
- Oreo Peanut Butter Bark
- Assorted Candy Mix Cookies
- Cookie Butter Cookies
Peanut Butter Cookies With A Twist
- ½ cup softened butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 2 bars of Ghirardelli dark salted caramel Chocolate
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F and grease cookie sheet, use parchment paper or silpat.
- In a large bowl add butter, brown and white sugars and cream until fluffy.
- Add egg, peanut butter, milk, vanilla extract, and mix. Then add baking soda, salt, all purpose flour and mix.
- Roll into large ball about 2 inches and press in the center of the cookie Ghirardelli dark salted caramel bar. Press with a fork to flatten the cookie.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!