These vegan blondies are crispy around the edges and chewy in the center. It’s a simple and delicious recipe to share with non-vegans because they will not even know it’s dairy free.
I love baking vegan treats like this vegan blondie recipe because I can taste the batter and not be nervous about eating raw eggs.
I’ve been eating vegan desserts since I was a little girl- not on purpose, my family preferred eating healthy, avoiding eggs and butter if possible. Only as an adult, I allow myself the luxuries of butter and eggs in my house. (Although my husband would rather not have me cook or bake with eggs. haha oh well.)
Something to note, I used carob chips to make the vegan blondies, however, if you don’t use high-quality carob chips, it’s not going to taste good as using vegan semisweet chocolate chips. (Trader Joe’s has delicious vegan semisweet chocolate chips and it’s affordable).
Tips and Tricks for Making This Easy and Delicious Vegan Blondies Recipe:
- When mixing nuts in a recipe like walnuts, it is always handy to have a food processor. Chopping is a tedious job which a food processor is always a sure way to lighten up your baking load 🙂
- If you are not allergic to any nuts, replace the walnuts if it’s not available in your pantry – it can be pecans, cashews, or peanuts
- If you want to make this vegan blondies recipe healthier, mix in a generous amount of flax seeds – for sure it would be an amazing addition
How to Make this Vegan Blondies Recipe:
Before gathering the ingredients, preheat oven to 350F and line an 8×8 inch square pan with parchment paper. Now it’s time to grab all the delicious ingredients you will need – all-purpose flour, brown sugar, carob chocolate chips, chopped walnuts, cubed vegan butter, ground cinnamon, and vanilla extract:
In a large bowl, put together the vegan butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract:
Beat until light and fluffy then set aside:
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt until combined:
Then add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix. Once everything is incorporated add the chocolate chips and walnuts:
The batter will be thick, just like so:
Now you are ready to pop this in the oven and bake for 23-25 minutes:
Cool completely and cut into pieces, then serve:
There you are! Isn’t that very easy to make? What do you prefer drinking when eating blondies?
Frequently Asked Questions for Vegan Blondies Recipe:
Q: I am a newbie in baking and I want to make this recipe at home but how can I tell if the blondies are done?
A: You can use the toothpick test to see if your delicious blondies are done. Just insert a toothpick in the middle and if it comes out clean, it is ready to be taken out of the oven.
Q: Can I use pumpkin spice instead of cinnamon?
A: Yes, for sure. I haven’t tried using that for this recipe but I am sure it would taste just as good.
Q: Should this be consumed in a day or will they hold for a day or more?
A: These vegan blondies can stay up to a week in the fridge when placed in an airtight container. They will taste as good. If you like it a bit warm, just pop in the microwave for a few seconds.
Q: Are there any other nuts that I can use instead of walnuts?
A: I am sure all other nuts would taste as good when used in this vegan blondies recipe. Nuts give out an interesting texture to this food and makes it taste so much better.
If you’re looking for more vegan desserts try these fan favorites:
- Coffee Cake
- Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Ice Cream
- 5 Ingredient Sunbutter Cookies
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter
- ¾ cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8x8 inch square pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the vegan butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt until combined. Then add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix. Once everything is incorporated add the chocolate chips and walnuts. The batter will be thick.
- Add to the baking pan, and bake for 23-25 minutes. Cool completely and cut into pieces, then serve.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!