I love baking vegan treats like this vegan blondie recipe because I can taste the batter and not be nervous about eating raw eggs.
I’ve been eating vegan desserts since I was a little girl- not on purpose, my family preferred eating healthy, avoiding eggs and butter if possible. Only as an adult, I allow myself the luxuries of butter and eggs in my house. (Although my husband would rather not have me cook or bake with eggs. haha oh well.)
Something to note, I used carob chips to make the vegan blondies, however, if you don’t use high-quality carob chips, it’s not going to taste good as using vegan semisweet chocolate chips. (Trader Joe’s has delicious vegan semisweet chocolate chips and it’s affordable).
Tips and Procedures:
- Baking: Do not leave the blondies in the oven too long, it will overbake. Once they become golden around the edges remove them from the oven or insert a toothpick in the center at the 20-minute mark and if it’s clean remove them from the oven.
- Spice: Change up the flavors by replacing the cinnamon with pumpkin spice.
- Extra Goey: To make the blondies even gooier add 1 tablespoon of molasses.
- Sinking in the middle: If your blondies sink in the middle whilst baking, it’s due to overmixing the batter. The key point is don’t overmix.
- Storage: After the blondies have cooled down completely store in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature or 1 week in the fridge.
How to Make Vegan Blondie Recipe:
Before gathering the ingredients, preheat the oven to 350F and line an 8×8 inch square pan with parchment paper. Now it’s time to grab all the ingredients you will need:
- vegan butter
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- ground cinnamon
- dairy-free chocolate chips
- chopped walnuts
In a large bowl, put together the vegan butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract:
Beat until light and fluffy then set aside:
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt until combined:
Then add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix. Once everything is incorporated add the chocolate chips and walnuts:
The batter will be thick, just like so:
Add to the baking pan and spread out evenly:
Now you are ready to pop this in the oven and bake for 15-17 minutes:
Cool completely and cut into pieces, then serve:?
Frequently Asked Questions :
Do the toothpick test and if it comes out clean it’s ready. Or if it’s golden around the edges it’s ready.
You overbaked them, don’t bake them more than 17 minutes.
The chocolate. Blondies are made without cocoa powder while brownies are.
Here are 3 fan favorite vegan desserts:
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter
- ¾ cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8×8 inch square pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the vegan butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract until light and fluffy, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt until combined.
- Then add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix.
- Once everything is incorporated add the chocolate chips and walnuts, the batter will be thick.
- Add to the baking pan, and bake for 15-17 minutes, then cool completely and cut into 16 pieces, then serve.