These delicious, buttery, and slightly crisp Vegan Shortbread Cookies are a great addition to your holiday celebration! They are super easy to make and require 3 simple ingredients only!
What are Vegan Shortbread Cookies?
These best Vegan Shortbread Cookies are buttery, crisp, and sweet cookies made with all-purpose flour, white sugar, and vegan butter mixed together and baked to deliciousness! They are super easy to make and perfect for breakfast or snacks with a cup of milk, tea, or a glass of a healthy smoothie! These delicious cookie treats require only three ingredients and can be made at any time of year. Try and enjoy these simple, dairy-free, healthy shortbread cookies with your family!
Health Benefits of Vegan Butter:
- Low saturated fat.
- Environmentally friendly.
- High in monounsaturated fats.
- Healthy option for the lactose-intolerant or allergic to dairy.
Tips and Procedures:
- If you are not vegan, you can use regular butter.
- You may add vanilla extract to this shortbread cookie recipe for a more delicious taste.
- Feel free to use powdered sugar instead of granulated for a smoother texture.
- You can add lemon zest to the recipe to make vegan lemon shortbread cookies. Then drizzle a lemon glaze made with lemon juice, melted butter, and powdered sugar mix.
- In baking, you may use a cookie sheet with parchment paper then lightly oil the paper with an oil spray, olive oil, or coconut oil.
- You can roll the shortbread cookie dough and cut it into the size and shape you desire using a cookie cutter or anything available.
- Storage: These shortbread cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
How to Make Vegan Shortbread Cookies:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- all-purpose flour
- vegan butter
- white sugar
In a large bowl, add flour, vegan butter, sugar and mix until the dough comes together:
Form the dough in a ball, then wrap it with plastic wrap and allow it to firm up in the fridge for 30 minutes or best overnight. (Dough will be firm):
Preheat oven to 350F, and form 42 balls and place each on a baking tray. Flatten with a fork or the palm of your hand. Bake for 16 – 18 minutes or until light golden:
Allow to cool down before serving:
Frequently Asked Questions:
Its top surface is a light golden brown, while its edges are a deeper golden brown.
They can be stored in an airtight container for 3 days to 1 week at room temperature.
Yes, it can work well in this recipe.
Vegan Shortbread Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup vegan butter
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- In a large bowl, add flour, butter, sugar and mix until the dough comes together.
- Form the dough in a ball, then wrap it with plastic wrap and allow it to firm up in the fridge for 30 minutes or best overnight. (Dough will be firm)
- Preheat oven to 350F, and form 42 balls and place each on a baking tray. Flatten with a fork or the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 16 – 18 minutes or until light golden and allow to cool down before serving.
Leave a Reply