These Shortbread cookies are so easy to make, delicious and use just 3 ingredients! Dipping each cookie in chocolate ganache takes these shortbread cookies to another level of deliciousness!
Whenever Christmas comes around, I always stop by Costco and pick up the huge box of shortbread cookies! I can eat these cookies for days on and never get tired of them! So me being me, I decided to try making some using only three ingredients; all-purpose flour, sugar, and butter. Yes, I did use chocolate ganache to dip the cookies, but it is optional.
The plain shortbread cookies were very tasty and reminded me of the shortbread cookies you can buy at the store. The chocolate dipped shortbread cookies were also good, but it reminded me of a regular cookie. What do you think the chocolate cookie tastes like?
Tips on How to Make Shortbread Cookies:
- Before mixing the dry ingredients like all-purpose flour, baking soda, and brown sugar, sift them individually. This easy but very important step would make your cookies nice and evenly textured. It wouldn’t be fun biting into a lump of flour in between 🙂
- Poke each cookie with a fork before popping them onto the oven. This will not only give you perfect, flat cookies but it will also add to the pretty look of each cookie.
- Make sure that the butter is soft at room temperature. Hard butter takes a long time to go fluffy.
- If you love making cookies fancy, you can sprinkle a bit of edible gold glitters on the part where there’s chocolate ganache.
How to Make Shortbread Cookies:
These are the ingredients that you will need:
- butter, softened
- brown sugar
- all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 300 F. On an ungreased cookie sheet, use parchment paper or a baking mat.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy:
Gradually add flour until well combined:
Lightly flour work area and roll out cookie dough until your desired thickness:
Slice or cookie-cut each cookie dough and place on the cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes:
Frequently Asked Questions for the Shortbread Cookies:
Q: Can I freeze this cookie dough a few days before baking?
A: Sure, you can. Just make sure to thaw it before baking.
Q: How many cookies did this recipe make?
A: I have made about 24 cookies or two dozens cookies using this recipe.
Q: Can I make big cookies out of this recipe?
A: I do not advise making very large cookies as it will affect the cooking time and also the quality of the cookies.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
- Sunbutter Cookies – 5 Ingredients only – Nut & Dairy Free
- Funfetti Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
- Christmas Tree Shortbread Cookies
- Nutella Stuffed Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 300 F. On ungreased cookie sheet, se parchment paper or baking mat.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy and gradually add flour until well combined.
- Lightly flour work area and roll out cookie dough until your desired thickness. Slice or cookie cut each cookie dough and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!