This 5 ingredient Watermelon Smoothie is delicious, creamy, and refreshing! It is made with fresh watermelon pulp, banana, honey to sweeten the smoothie and soy milk that is full of nutritional benefits packed in a glass.
Health Benefits of Watermelon
- Hydrates the body
- A filling snack which is low in calories
- Great source of Vitamins A, B vitamins, and Vitamin C
- Contains lycopene which is a known antioxidant
- Has Cucurbitacin E which helps prevent inflammation
- Has anti-cancer effects
Tips on How to Make the Watermelon Smoothie:
- When blending, make sure to place the hardest ingredient near the blade. If you will add some ice cubes, they are usually the hardest to liquify so put in at the bottom, where the blade is.
- Serve the smoothie immediately or keep in a container and freeze. Thaw at room temperature when you are about to serve.
- You can freeze the Watermelon Smoothie after blending and blend again when you are ready to serve.
- If you do not have soy milk, you can use almond milk or cashew milk
- You can garnish it with fresh mint leaves before serving it.
- For natural sweeteners, you can agave nectar, stevia leaves, or maple syrup.
- If there are seedless watermelon on hand, use that to save time in removing the seeds 🙂
How to Make Watermelon Smoothie:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- watermelon, cubed & black seeds removed
- soy milk
- banana, peeled and chopped
- ice cubes
Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender, and blend until creamy and smooth, adding more almond milk to thin, or ice to thicken.
Add in all the fruits:
Add in the chia seeds:
Add honey as a sweetener:
Pour in the soy milk:
Blend, blend, blend!
Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, honey for more sweetness. You now have a delicious, fresh, and refreshing summer drink that’s easy to make!
Best when fresh, though leftovers keep covered in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
Frequently Asked Questions for Watermelon Smoothie:
Q: Can you freeze watermelons for the smoothie?
A: Yes, you can. It will make your smoothie a lot cooler after blending.
Q: How will I know that the watermelon I buy is ripe and sweet?
A: Look for a watermelon that has a slight yellowish patch on its skin. it means it has ripened on its own and is very sweet.
Q: Can you make this recipe without a blender?
A: Using a blender for this recipe is a must. A smoothie has to be “smooth”, thus, it must be passed through a blender.
Q: How should I store this watermelon smoothie?
A: After blending, you can keep it in an airtight container and freeze it, then thaw and blend again when you are ready to serve.
More delicious smoothie and vegan recipes to try!
- Filipino Avocado Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Malunggay Pineapple Smoothie
- Pineapple Mango Smoothie
- Guyabano Smoothie
- Vegan Siopao
- 2 cups watermelon cubed & black seeds removed
- 1 ½ cup soy milk
- 2 banana peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender, and blend until creamy and smooth, adding more almond milk to thin, or ice to thicken
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, honey for more sweetness.
- Best when fresh, though leftovers keep covered in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!