This creamy and delicious avocado smoothie is a great pick me up or to drink as a healthy snack! The recipe uses no banana and only requires 7 ingredients.
Health Benefits for Avocados:
- Perfect to use as a natural skin moisturizer
- Loaded with fiber that is great for digestion
- Good source of vitamins like A, K, E and also has beneficial enzymes
- Contains good fat and a great help to maintain a normal cholesterol level
- Protects us from ovarian, colon and breast cancer
- Helps aid depression because of its high folate content
Tips on How to Make Filipino Avocado Smoothie:
- You can freeze this smoothie and make it into an avocado ice cream
- You can use coconut or buko juice (coconut juice) if you want to omit soy milk in the recipe
- Make avocado chunks in advance and freeze them. It saves you time plus you get a really cooling smoothie when avocados are frozen
- Don’t forget to keep your avocado slices or chunks in the freezer. Avocado pulp tends to change in color (the greenish pulp will turn dark brown) because of the reaction it has when exposed to air. Keeping them in an airtight container and freezing them prevents that to happen.
- Drizzling the avocado chunks or slices with lemon or any citrus juice will also keep them from having pulp discolorations. Just make sure to rinse them properly before using it for a smoothie.
How to Make Filipino Avocado Smoothie:
These are the ingredients that you will need:
- frozen avocado chunks
- ice cubes
- soy milk
- vanilla syrup
- chia seeds
Add all the ingredients except chia seeds with the hardest ingredient closest to the blade then in a high powered blender until smooth, 30 seconds to 1 minute:
Once everything is blended, pour in a cup and garnish with chia seeds and serve immediately:
This is a nutrient-dense smoothie with all the benefits of chia seeds! Indeed, this is a superfood in one glass!
Frequently Asked Questions for the Filipino Avocado Smoothie Recipe:
Q: Can you freeze avocado smoothies?
A: Yes, definitely! You can eat them frozen or you can thaw and blend again before serving.
Q: Do you peel avocados for smoothies?
A: For me, it is much easier and quicker to just take out the avocado pulp using a spoon.
Q: Is avocado good for diabetes?
A: There are studies that show avocado does not have an impact on a person’s blood sugar level but it is best to consult your dietician/physician before loading up on an avocado smoothie 🙂
Q: Can I make an avocado smoothie the night before?
A: Yes you can. Just make sure to freeze them so that there will be no discoloration. Avocados tend to go dark after air exposure.
Q: How do you make an avocado smoothie dairy-free?
A: Like what I used in this recipe, you can use soy milk or almond milk. It tastes equally delicious like dairy milk.
More delicious smoothie recipes:
- 2 EASY Smoothie Bowls
- Pineapple Mango Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Malunggay Pineapple Smoothie
- BEST 3 Ingredient Mango Smoothie
- Avocado Shake
- Tropical Green Smoothie
- Cantaloupe Smoothie
This Filipino Avocado Smoothie is best for breakfast or for a healthy energizing meal – vegan, creamy, delicious and uses 7 ingredients only!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 2 people 1x
- 1 ½ cup frozen avocado chunks, 2 large avocados
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 ½ cup soy milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla syrup
- ½ teaspoon chia seeds, garnish
- Add all the ingredients except chia seeds with the hardest ingredient closest to the blade. And in a high powered blender until smooth, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Once everything is blended, pour in a cup and garnish with chia seeds and serve immediately.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!