Try this refreshing Guyabano Smoothie that is packed with nutrients to power you through the day! It’s sour yet sweet, creamy, and a great energy booster smoothie that is loaded with fiber for good gut health!
What is Guyabano? (Soursop)
Guyabano fruit grows abundantly in tropical regions and is such an easy fruit tree to grow because it requires very minimal attention. The guyabano fruit tastes sour like that of a strawberry but has a milky flavor. It is widely known to be made into a concentrate because of the richness of the fruit.
Health benefits for Guyabano (Soursop):
- A good source of antioxidants
- Can help stabilize blood sugar levels
- Source of dietary fiber
- Has a significant amount of vitamin C
Tips on How to Make Guyabano Smoothie:
- You can freeze this smoothie and make it into a guyabano ice cream
- Remove the guyabano seeds prior to freezing them- it saves you a lot of time.
- Don’t forget to keep your guyabano pulp or chunks in the freezer when you’re not using it. They tend to change in color because of the reaction it has when exposed to air. Keeping them in an airtight container and freezing them prevents that to happen.
How to Make Guyabano Smoothie:
These are the ingredients that you will need:
- frozen banana
- ice cubes
- guyabano (soursop) meat
- soy milk
- chia seeds
Peel guyabano and remove the “meat” of the fruit, de-seed, and add it to the blender:
Add the rest of the ingredients except the chia and blend until creamy and smooth. Pour into a cup and garnish with chia seeds, best serve immediately:
Here it is! A super easy smoothie recipe that will surely be a favorite in the family!
Frequently Asked Questions for the Guyabano Smoothie Recipe:
Q: Can you freeze Guyabano smoothies?
A: Yes, definitely! You can eat them frozen or you can thaw and blend again before serving.
Q: Can I make a Guyabano smoothie the night before?
A: Yes you can. Just make sure to freeze them so that there will be no discoloration. Guyabanos tend to go dark after air exposure.
Q: How do you make a guyabano smoothie dairy-free?
A: Like what I used in this recipe, you can use soy milk or almond milk. It tastes equally delicious like dairy milk.
More delicious smoothie recipes:
- Tropical Green Smoothie
- Mulunggay Pineapple Smoothie
- Cantaloupe Smoothie
- Papaya Banana Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Filipino Avocado Smoothie
Guyabano smoothie is a super healthy, rich and creamy, all-time favorite tropical smoothie that’s so easy to make!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- 1 cup frozen banana cuts
- 3/4 cup ice cubes
- 1 1/2 cup guyabano (soursap) meat
- 1 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds, garnish
- Peel guyabano and remove the “meat” of the fruit, de-seed, and add it to the blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the chia and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Pour into a cup and garnish with chia seeds, best serve immediately.
Keywords: Soursap Smoothie, Guyabano Smoothie
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!