Have you ever felt like you wanted to give up? Unfortunately, I’ve had those moments more than three times this week and it was all because of this recipe 3D gingerbread cookies. It took me at least three tries to get it to look this decent.
Have you watched the tutorial?
On my first attempt, I cut out the cookies before I baked it and I wasn’t able to get the cookies to stand because the pieces ended up combining. My second attempt, I spread out the pieces which would allows the cookies to stand and I spread it out more after I baked it, and it still fell. My third attempt, I underbaked it and the pieces fell apart and finally my last attempt I was able to get it stand and look somewhat nice.
Take a look at my pictures!
3D Reindeer Cookies
3D star Cookies
3D Christmas Tree Cookies
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and set aside.
- In another bowl beat butter and brown sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla and molasses until well mixed. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 4-6 hours or best overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut dough in half and roll out dough to about ¼-inch thick on a parchment paper.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until brown.
- Immediately cut out the cookies and place on wire racks to cool.