Bibingka is a moist, rich cake served at family get-togethers or parties. It’s a holiday favorite in the Philippines traditionally eaten during the Christmas season. Some of the notable ingredients is coconut milk, rice flour, butter and sugar.
I’ve got the full recipe below, plus a video if you’d like more guidance. Enjoy!
More Filipino Desserts that are Easy to Make:
- one 8-oz. package cream cheese
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) melted butter
- one 15-oz. can cream of coconut
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- one 8-oz. can crushed pineapple
- 1 lb. (3 ½ cups) sweet rice flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar
- grated cheese*
- Preheat oven to 350F, grease 13×9 inch pan
- In a large bowl mix together the cream cheese and sugar until creamy.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract, cream of coconut, butter, evaporated milk and mix
- Then add the crushed pineapples, sweet rice flour, baking powder until it’s well incorporated.
- Pour into pan, Sprinkle with brown sugar and bake it for 50 minutes to 1 hour.**
- Allow to completely and serve.
**45 minutes into baking, add cheese.