These Coconut Chia Popsicles are made with coconut milk, chia seeds, coconut chips, fresh strawberries, and agave to sweeten it! If you are looking for that delicious, tropical refreshment with the perfect nutritional value, grab this recipe, and make your own!
Health Benefits of Chia Seeds
- A great source of Omega-3 fatty acids
- Rich in fiber and calcium
- An excellent source of antioxidants
- An ounce of chia seeds has a good 5.6 grams of protein that our body needs
- Perfect for vegans since it can replace eggs in cooking
- It contains no sugar which is great news for people who are controlling their blood sugar levels
- Has a rich fiber content which is great for weight control and weight loss
Tips and Variations:
- If you love more texture in every bite of the Coconut Chia Popsicles, you can add in bits of pineapples, fresh raspberry, or even almond bits!
- If canned coconut cream is not on hand and you are lucky enough to have fresh coconut milk, you can also use that.
- Are you a chocolate lover? You can pop in bits of chocolate, preferably dark chocolate to your delicious Coconut chia popsicles!
- When soaking the chia seeds before mixing it with the other ingredients, you can use fresh coconut water. That is totally a delicious addition of flavor!
- You can also use almond milk to soak your chia seeds. Yum!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- chia seeds
- coconut cream
- coconut chips
- agave syrup
In a large bowl, add chia seeds, water, and allow it to soak for 10 minutes:
Next add coconut cream, agave syrup, and mix until combined:
Add 1 tablespoon of chia pudding in each mold. Next, evenly sprinkle coconut chips in each mold:
Place strawberry slices in the mold by pressing against the mold with your clean finger, while pouring the chia pudding into the mold filling about ⅔ of the way full:
Place popsicle sticks in the middle and freeze for about 6 hours or best overnight. It is best to serve Coconut Chia Popsicles frozen.
It’s that easy, Simply Bakers! It is just a quick moment of mixing and popping the delicious mixture into the molds and voila!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Why add chia seeds to frozen pops?
A: Chia seeds are very nutritious and filling. By adding chia seeds to any food, like in this Coconut chia popsicle recipe, you feel full and take in lots of healthy stuff in each popsicle.
Q: What are the health benefits of chia seeds?
A: There is a lot of nutritional value that we get from chia seeds. Chia seeds are loaded with fiber, antioxidants, iron, protein, and many more!
Q: Do you think it would be too hard to eat if I use frozen berries?
A: Adding frozen berries would be fine since you will freeze the popsicles. The frozen berries will eventually thaw a bit when you serve it.
Q: Do you use canned coconut milk?
A: Yes, for this recipe, I used canned coconut milk.
More delicious recipes to enjoy:
- Cookie Butter Cookies
- Cookie Bars
- Vanilla Donuts
- Pineapple Mango Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Guyabano Smoothie
- Malunggay Pineapple Smoothie
- Filipino Avocado Smoothie
- Banana Mango Smoothie
Coconut Chia Popsicles
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup coconut cream
- ¼ cup coconut chips
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 8 strawberries washed and sliced
- In a large bowl, add chia seeds, water, and allow it to soak for 10 minutes. Next add coconut cream, agave syrup, and mix until combined.
- Add 1 tablespoon of chia pudding in each mold. Next, evenly sprinkle coconut chips in each molds.
- Place strawberry slices in the mold by pressing against the mold with your clean finger, while pouring the chia pudding into the mold filling about ⅔ of the way full.
- Place popsicle sticks in the middle and freeze for about 6 hours or best overnight.
- Serve frozen
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!