Tips and Tricks for Making This Sweet Potato Cookies Recipe:
- Before mixing the dry ingredients like all-purpose flour, baking soda, and granulated brown sugar, sift them individually. This easy but very important step would make your cookies nice and evenly textured. It wouldn’t be fun biting into a lump of flour in between 🙂
- After baking your Sweet Potato Cookies, store them in an airtight container so you can enjoy them for several days – that is if you did not eat the whole batch in one sitting.
- If you do not have nonstick cookie sheets or pans, you can line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- When adding the raisins, it is important not to overmix them. So just use the folding method, where you slightly “fold in” the ingredients and do not vigorously mix them.
- For a more nutritious cookie, you can add chia seeds. That is such an energy booster addition!
- In mashing the sweet potato after boiling it, you can peel it and mash it using a food processor. But in this recipe, I just peeled the sweet potato and mashed using a fork.
How to Make this Sweet Potato Cookies Recipe:
Gather the ingredients for this Sweet Potato Cookies recipe and once the ingredients are all ready, let’s begin!
- mashed sweet potato
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- ground cinnamon
- baking soda
- ground allspice
- slivered almonds
Preheat oven to 375F, and prepare cookie sheets using parchment paper or a baking mat.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy:
In another bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and ground allspice:
Add the mashed sweet potatoes and egg to the butter and sugar mixture and mix well:
The mixture would then look like this, a bit thin but it would be all good once we add the other dry ingredients:
Then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients:
Fold in the almonds and raisins:
Roll into 2-inch balls and bake for 13-15 minutes:
Here you go! These Sweet Potato Cookies smell so good, you guys!
Frequently Asked Questions for the Sweet Potato Cookies Recipe:
Q: Should these cookies be refrigerated?
A: Yes, you can keep this in the fridge but make sure to store them in an airtight container. Place at room temperature before serving or warm them up in a microwave oven.
Q: Can I make the dough ahead and freeze it?
A: Yes, you can freeze the mixed dough and thaw it completely at room temperature before baking it.
Q: How many cookies would this recipe make?
A: If you make large cookies, you can make 10-12 Apple cookies but if you make it smaller, it would make up to 16 cookies per batch.
Q: Would this recipe work with canned pumpkin puree instead of mashed sweet potato?
A: Yes, that would work. Just make sure you still get the same consistency of the cookie dough which is not too wet.
Here are more delicious cookie recipes that you should try:
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brownie Cookies
- Quick & Easy Cranberry Chip Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Apple Cookies
- Nutella Stuffed Cookies
- Choco Mint Blossom Cookies
Sweet Potato Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground all spice
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375F, prepare cookie sheets using parchment paper or baking mat.
- In a large bow, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, whisk together the all purpose flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ground all spice.
- Then add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Fold in the almonds and raisins.
- Roll into 2 inch balls and bake for 13-15 minutes
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!