Fool Proof Vegan Peanut Butter Blondies
Serves: 9 large squares
- 1 cup brown sugar*
- ⅓ cup oil
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup nondairy milk
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup peanuts (I used salted, but unsalted is fine)
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a 8x8 inch pan, cover with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl add the sugar, oil, peanut butter and mix until well combined.
- Add the vanilla extract, nondairy milk and mix until just combined.
- Add the baking powder, salt, all purpose flour and mix using the fork. If it's too thick, use your hands to mix.
- Transfer dough into the pan and spread using a spatula.
- Then add the peanuts and gentle press into the dough.
- Bake for 23 minutes or until the sides turn light brown.
- Allow it to cool completely and serve.
*For a healthier alternative use Sucanat Sugar, Coconut Sugar or Truvia Brown Sugar