A simple, healthy, and savory Mango Salad made with eggplants and cucumber tossed with lemon vinaigrette and, of course, mangoes! This is an easy-to-make, appetizing, and delicious side dish that you can ever make!
What is Mango Salad?
This Mango Salad is an easy Filipino side dish recipe made with slices of ripe mangoes, cooked eggplants, and fresh cucumbers tossed with lemon vinaigrette and then garnished with fresh cilantro and sesame seeds.
This fresh-tasting salad is a great side dish for lunch or dinner. The perfect combination of mangoes, eggplant, and cucumber tastes so delicious and amazing!
Health Benefits of Mango:
- High in Antioxidants
- Promotes Healthy Gut
- Helps in digestion
- Boosts Immunity
- Promotes eye health
- Lowers Cholesterol
- Clears the Skin
- Aids Weight Los
Tips and Procedures:
- Make sure to use fresh vegetables and ripe mangos in making this salad.
- Start adding with less seasoning, such as salt and pepper, then do a taste test and add more as necessary depending on your personal preference.
- Variations: Feel free to pair mangoes with greens, nuts, seeds, crisp veggies, lime or lemon, berries, and chili peppers.
- It is best to serve this mango salad immediately after it’s assembled or shortly after.
- Storage: Put any leftover mango salad in a tightly covered glass container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
How to Make Mango Salad:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
In a large pot, place 4 cups of water and bring to a boil. Add the eggplant and let it cook for 5 minutes. Using a strainer, remove the cooked eggplant and set it aside to cool:
Combine mangos, cucumber, onions, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Toss the cooled eggplant and season with salt and pepper. Stir until fully combined. To finish, add a quarter-teaspoon of sesame oil and seeds:
Tadaaah! It’s super easy to make and appetizing. Serve and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions:
The mango salad and the dressing/vinaigrette can be made hours ahead of time, just don’t mix the two until just before serving.
It goes well with bananas, spinach, crisp lettuce, kale, pepper, jalapenos, coconut, cream, ginger, lemon and lime, red onions, legumes, orange, pineapple, sugar, and more!
No, but it can be placed in a tightly covered glass container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- 4 cups water
- 4 oz eggplant diced
- 9 oz mango diced
- 5 oz cucumber thin ribbons
- 2 oz onions minced
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon white sesame seeds
- In a large pot, place 4 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Add the eggplant and allow it to cook for 5 minutes.
- Using a strainer, remove the cooked eggplant and set aside to cool.
- Combine mangos, cucumber, onions, and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Toss the cooled eggplant and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir until fully combined and add a quarter-teaspoon of sesame oil and seeds.
- Serve immediately.