Filipino Macaroni Salad is a must for parties or get-togethers! Full of the delicious flavors of the sweetened fruit mix, raisins, condensed milk, cheese, and mayonnaise combined in one delicious pasta dish!
What is Filipino Macaroni Salad:
Macaroni Salad is a popular holiday dish in the Philippines. Since Filipinos love colorful food during the Christmas and New Year seasons, this recipe is a must-have in every home.
In fact, it has become one of the favorite Christmas desserts of Filipinos.
The delicious and creamy taste combined with the sweetness of condensed milk and fruit mix is what makes this salad recipe a sure hit!
Tips on How to Make the Best Filipino Macaroni Salad:
- Always follow the cooking directions for the pasta in the package. Soggy pasta won’t taste great in any pasta dish.
- Chill first before serving. Macaroni salad tastes way better after all the flavors stick onto the macaroni.
- If the canned fruit mix is not available, you can just use pineapple tidbits instead.
How to Make Filipino Macaroni Salad:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- elbow pasta
- condensed milk
- fruit mix (fruit cocktail)
- grated cheese
In a large pot of salted water, bring the water to a boil, then cook pasta according to the package directions:
Strain pasta, pour cold water, and set aside:
In a bowl, add condensed milk, and mayonnaise and stir until well combined:
Then add pasta, fruit mix, raisins cheese, and mix until well combined:
Chill for an hour. Macaroni salad is best served when chilled:
I just love looking at all the colors in this Macaroni Salad!
One of the easiest and most filling snacks you can make for your family.
Frequently Asked Questions for Filipino Macaroni Salad:
Q: Does macaroni salad have to be refrigerated?
A: Yes, it has to be chilled after making it. The mayo and cheese and other ingredients can contribute to fast spoilage when macaroni salad is left at room temperature.
Q: Can I make this a day in advance?
A: Yes, for sure! For me, it takes way better when eaten the next day after making it.
Q: How long can macaroni salad stay out of the refrigerator?
A: It is safe to say that you can take it out from the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes.
Q: Where can you find vegan mayonnaise?
A: It is sold usually in vegan stores and even regular grocery shops.
More recipes to try!
- Vegan Macaroni Soup
- Buko Pandan
- Cassava Cake
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Avocado Milkshake
- 3 Ingredient Ice Cream 3 Ways Only
Filipino Macaroni Salad
- 6-7 cups water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cup elbow pasta
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 ½ cup fruit mix
- 1 cup raisins
- ¼ cup grated cheese
- In a large pot of salted water, bring the water to a boil, then cook pasta according to package directions. Strain pasta, and pour cold water and set aside.
- In a bowl, add condensed milk, mayonnaise and stir until well combined.
- Then add pasta, fruit mix, raisins cheese and mix until well combined.
- Chill for an hour and best served immediately.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
PINTEREST / FACEBOOK / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!
Leave a Reply