An amazing Milk Chocolate Cake recipe which is perfect for birthdays and all parties. Decadent, milky and moist, this Milk Chocolate Cake will make you drool and hungry at the same time!
Tips and Tricks for Making This Milk Chocolate Cake Recipe:
- When decorating the cake, you can frost it and sprinkle some mini chocolate chips on top.
- To make the mixing of the batter easier, you can use an electric mixer like a handheld mixer or a stand mixer.
- When baking using a pan which is not of the non-stick kind, line the baking pan with parchment paper to prevent the cake from sticking onto the pan.
- If you are having a party and would want more yield for this recipe, you can make this into a sheet cake and slice into desired sizes.
How to Make this Milk Chocolate Cake Recipe:
Here is the quick look of the ingredients for Milk Chocolate Cake:
- softened butter
- all-purpose flour
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- baking soda
- baking powder
Don’t forget to preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease two 8-inch pans to save time.
In a medium-size bowl add the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and mix:
In a large bowl, beat the sugar and butter and mix:
When you achieve a light and fluffy texture, add eggs and vanilla extract and mix again:
Add the milk and the dry ingredients alternating both until the batter is well mixed. I did the adding of the dry ingredients little by little so that there would be minimal lumps or best, no lumps at all:
Pour into the pans. I also used other mini cake boxes because I just found them cute 🙂
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes:
Here you go! Just a bit of mixing and a little waiting, you have a delicious Milk Chocolate Cake!
Here are some great chocolate cake recipes you will surely love:
Frequently Asked Questions for the Milk Chocolate Cake Recipe:
Q: Can I use coconut oil instead of butter for this recipe?
A: Yes you can. It might not just be as fluffy as when you use butter.
Q: What frostings can I use for this Milk Chocolate Cake?
A: You can use chocolate ganache, milk chocolate frosting, buttercream frosting, or whipped frosting which are ready-made, and also you can use caramel sauce if you love really sweet cakes.
Q: Can I make this cake a day before?
A: Yes for sure! Actually, for me, a day-old cake tastes so much better than a freshly baked one because all the milk and chocolate kind of infused together after the baking process.
Milk Chocolate Cake
- ¾ cup butter softened
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ½ cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease two 8-inch pans
- In a medium size bowl add the all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt and mix
- In a large bow beat the sugar and butter until light and fluffy and add eggs and vanilla extract and mix. Add the milk and the dry ingredients alternating both until the batter is well mixed.
- Pour into the pans and bake for 30-35 minutes
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
PINTEREST / FACEBOOK / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!
Manpreet kaur says
So good maked in milk chocolate cake
Thank you for your kind words! I appreciate it. Do you love milky chocolate flavors? I have more recipes here. You might want to try them, too.
What are those green gingham mini angel food pans? Are they paper?
Tracy Paxton says
Oh, yes, I see you tearing the sides away, so I guess they are paper. Where did you purchase them?
I bought them in Daiso a long time ago. I’m sorry for the late response. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you can try out this recipe. Enjoy!
what type of sugar did you use
Hi Lauren. I used granulated sugar in this recipe. Thanks for dropping by! I appreciate it.
Lauren M says
thank you 🙂
You’re welcome, Lauren. 🙂