It’s time to try another viral TikTok breakfast recipe- Cereal Pancakes! The soft and fluffy texture of the mini pancakes is perfect with a cup of cold dairy-free milk and your favorite vegan butter.
How Did TikTok Pancake Cereal Become a Trend?
Because of shelter in place, people got creative and the usual pancakes we eat for breakfast/brunch got a makeover!
Instead of cooking the traditional large pancakes, someone came up with the idea of miniature pancakes and ate them as cereal! Consequently, the popular name pancake cereal came into fruition.
There are a lot of versions of pancake cereal all over the internet and here’s another version of mine that is Keto friendly.
Tips and Variations:
- An offset spatula makes it easier to flip the mini pancakes.
- You can use this recipe for making waffles, too.
- If you love maple syrup on your pancakes, there are low-carb, sugar-free maple syrup to sweeten your cereal pancake.
- It’s best to use a squeeze bottle with a small spout for the batter because it helps form the perfect shape and size of the mini pancakes. But if you don’t have it, you can do what I did, use a ziplock and cut a tiny hole in one corner. So handy!
- Add in mini chocolate chips to the batter for the extra richness and mix well.
- If you love fresh fruits, slice some bananas, strawberries, or any berry in season and mix with your TikTok pancake cereal! It’s a really delicious morning treat!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- almond milk or any plant-based milk
- apple cider vinegar
- sunflower oil
- vanilla extract
- agave nectar
- Gluten-free all-purpose flour
- baking powder
In a medium bowl, mix together almond milk with apple cider and allow it to sit for 5 minutes to curdle. Then add oil, vanilla extract, agave, and mix until well combined:
In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, and mix until well combined:
Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Don’t over mix and allow it to sit for 5 minutes:
Transfer the batter to a ziplock bag and cut the edge to create a small hole:
Heat a non-stick pan or a griddle over medium heat and once it’s hot, switch off the heat and squeeze batter into small circles, leaving space between circles. Switch on heat again and cook pancakes for 1 to 2 minutes, then flip over and cook. Repeat the process until there is no pancake batter left:
Enjoy with your favorite toppings like butter or syrup, or enjoy with milk:
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How should you eat pancake cereal?
A: There is no right or wrong way to eat pancake cereal. You can eat them as is or pour your favorite non-dairy milk just like how you do it for regular cereals. I like mine mixed with sliced fruits, and for this recipe, I added slices of sweet, ripe bananas.
Q: What equipment do you need to make pancake cereal?
A: There is no equipment needed to make these delicious TikTok pancakes. All you need are mixing bowl, ziplock bag, wire whisk, pan, and your reliable stove.
Q: Where can you get the bottle squeezer?
A: You can buy bottle squeezers in grocery stores in the homeware aisle.
Q: Can I make this recipe into waffles?
A: Yes, for sure! Instead of cooking these TikTok pancakes on a shallow pan, pour the batter over your waffle maker.
More Delicious Pancake Recipes:
- Mini Cereal Chocolate Pancakes
- BEST Vegan Banana Oatmeal Pancakes – 5 Ingredients ONLY
- Apple Pancake Cookies
- Butter Pecan Pancakes
- Maple “Bacon” Pancake
- Vegan Filipino Champorado
- Oreo Waffles
TiK Toks Cereal Pancake
- 1 ½ cups almond milk or any plant-based milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 ½ cups GF all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- In a medium bowl, mix together almond milk with apple cider and allow it to sit for 5 minutes to curdle. Then add oil, vanilla extract, agave and mix until well combined.
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, and mix until well combined. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Don't over mix and allow it to sit for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the batter to a ziplock bag and cut the edge to create a small hole.
- Heat a non-stick pan or a griddle over medium heat and once it’s hot, switch off the heat and squeeze batter into small circles, leaving space between circles. Switch on heat again and cook pancakes for 1 to 2 minutes, then flip over and cook. Repeat the process until there is no batter left.
- Enjoy with your favorite toppings like butter or syrup, or enjoy with milk.
- The mini pancakes cook very fast, it will burn while adding the pancake batter to pan/griddle. It helped to switch off the heat while adding the batter, then turning it on once the pan is full.
- Not recommend making this with kids
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
PINTEREST / FACEBOOK / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!
Leave a Reply