These Classic No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies only require a few simple ingredients and are incredibly easy to make. Loaded with cookie butter, cocoa powder, and oats, these cookies are perfect for an easy dessert!
I’m on a roll making no bake cookies this summer. What have you been rolling in? Lol! Anyways, I hope you enjoy this delicious yet simple recipe.
Tips on How to Make No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- When using quick oats for this recipe, you can adjust the cooking time since it cooks much faster than the classic rolled oats
- If you do not want to use sweeteners like sugar, you can add in desiccated coconut for a natural sweetness
- Storing these cookies in an airtight container and chilling it extends its shelf life
- For a more natural sweetener, you can use maple syrup, brown sugar, or honey instead of the white granulated sugar. Any of those three add a delicious and natural flavor to the cookie mixture
How to Make No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies:
In a medium saucepan over medium-low, add butter and melt:
Add sugar, almond milk and cocoa powder and mix until well combined:
Incorporate the cookie butter, vanilla extract, and nuts by mixing it with the sugar mixture:
Next add oats and mix until it is well combined. Remove the cookie mixture from heat:
Place cookies on parchment or wax paper and freeze for at least 30 minutes:
Serve chilled and enjoy this cookie for breakfast or even as a dessert!
Frequently Asked Questions for No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies Recipe:
Q: Can I use instant-cooking oats for this recipe?
A: Yes you can but the cooking time needs to be adjusted.
Q: How do you store these healthy no bake cookies?
A: These cookies need to be chilled since it might melt away when stored in room temperature.
Q: What can you substitute for butter in no-bake cookies?
A: You can use vegan butter instead of regular butter.
Q: Do you think the recipe would still work if I omit any sweetener?
A: Yes this recipe would work without any sweetener like sugar as listed in the recipe.
Here is a full video on how to make the No Bake Oatmeal Cookies with the full recipe below.
If you are looking for more no bake recipes take a look at the list:
No Bake Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 stick butter
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup almond milk can use regular milk
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ cup cookie butter or peanut butter
- ⅓ cup nuts omit if using crunchy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- In a saucepan over medium low, add butter and melt. Add sugar, almond milk, cocoa powder cookie butter and mix until well combined. Add nuts, vanilla extract and mix. Next add oats and mix until it is well combined. Remove from heat.
- Place cookies on parchment or wax paper and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve chilled.