Brownie Cupcake Bowl, a refreshing and chocolatey brownie in one! Perfect to serve during summer parties or any other gathering. This creative dessert looks complicated to do but no, you can bake this in a few minutes and serve it with your favorite ice cream!
Isn’t that super awesome!? I saw this idea on Pinterest and improvised it to make it easier for bakers like me. I honestly thought by adding green sprinkles on top of the ice cream, will make it look cuter, but I think pink or purple sprinkles would have sufficed. What do you think?
These brownie cupcake bowls were very easy to make, I love that all the ingredients were put into one bowl rather than having a bowl for dry and wet ingredients. I shared these brownie cupcakes with my family and they loved it! Looking forward to baking more treats this summer! Happy Baking!
Tips and Tricks for Making This Brownie Cupcake Bowl Recipe:
- Make these Brownie Cupcake Bowls ahead and freeze. once you are ready to serve, thaw it and assemble with ice cream.
- If you do not have a nonstick muffin pan, spray generously with nonstick baking spray on your muffin pan before pouring in the brownie batter.
- These brownie cupcake bowls can be prepared for any themed party. Just use different kinds of candy sprinkles to suit your party theme.
How to Make this Brownie Cupcake Bowl Recipe:
Gather the ingredients for this Brownie Cupcake Bowl and once the ingredients are all ready, let’s begin!
- melted butter
- granulated sugar
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
- all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 350 F, oil cupcake pans.
In a large bowl, add butter, sugar, cocoa powder, eggs, vanilla extract, salt, baking powder and beat until well combined:
Mix well with a handheld mixer or you can also use a stand mixer:
Add flour and mix well until there are no visible lumps:
Spoon into cupcake pans and bake for 25 minutes or until the middle comes out dry when inserting a toothpick:
With a flat end object, press into the center of the brownie cupcake to make a bowl-like cupcake:
Cool for 5 minutes, then remove from the pan using a knife or anything that you can use to take it out from the muffin pan:
Allow to sit on a cookie rack for 30 minutes:
Serve with your choice of ice cream and add colorful candy sprinkles! This is truly a decadent and refreshing dessert <3
Frequently Asked Questions for the Brownie Cupcake Bowl Recipe:
Q: Can the brownie cupcakes be made in mini form, made ahead and frozen?
A: Yes for sure. Just use a smaller muffin pan size. After baking, let it cool and freeze. Assemble with ice cream when you are ready to serve.
Q: How many minutes can this stay on room temperature before the ice cream melts after you serve them?
A: My estimate would be 5 to 10 minutes, depending on how soft your ice cream already is.
Here are more cupcake recipes you can try!
Brownie Cupcake Bowl
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F, oil cupcake pans.
- In a large bowl, add butter, sugar, cocoa powder, eggs, vanilla extract, salt, baking powder and beat until well combined. Add flour and mix.
- Spoon into cupcake pans and bake for 25 minutes or until the middle comes out dry when inserting a toothpick.
- With a flat end object, press into the center of the brownie cupcake to make a bowllike cupcake. Cool for 5 minutes, then remove from the pan and allow to sit on cookie rack for 30 minutes.
- Serve with your choice of ice cream.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
PINTEREST / FACEBOOK / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!
Great recipe! Keep it up!
Thank you so much Cath! I appreciate your kind words.