Soft, buttery and finger-friendly homemade soft pretzel bites feature the perfect doughy center and crispy crust. It’s delicious and leaves you wanting more with every bite.
Fall is here and it’s soup season! Eat your soups with delicious Pretzel Bites! I hope you enjoy this easy and delicious recipe with soup or as a dessert! My friends and I collaborated and made delicious recipes for a great lunch, dinner or for any time!
Tips and Tricks for Making This Soft & Delicious Pretzel Bites Recipe:
- Keep in dough in a place where the dough will get warm air like; cupboard put it under a light for faster rising, or on top of your stove oven. This is applicable in places where the room temperature is a bit lower or colder than the usual.
- Homemade pretzel bites are perfect for game days or any party. Just make a simple dipping sauce to go with it and you go to a party like a pretzel pro!
- If you are not using a non-stick baking mat, make sure to spray it ahead with baking spray so you won’t have a hard time removing the pretzel bites after baking them.
How to Make this Soft & Delicious Pretzel Bites Recipe:
In a measuring cup add warm water, a packet of dry yeast, and brown sugar. Mix & wait for 5 minutes for the yeast to activate:
In a large bowl add yeast mixture and 2 ½ cups of flour:
Mix until the dough is formed.
Now, these following steps are very important:
Knead for 5-10 min. Then in a large bowl, add ½ tablespoon oil to coat the inside of the bowl. Coat dough with the oil from the bowl
At this point, it is waiting time:
Cover bowl with saran wrap or plastic wrap tightly (or bread towel):
Transfer onto a table and add the rest of ½ cup flour if sticky:
Once the dough is doubled in size punch the dough down to release the air
Cut the dough into 3-4 pieces and roll the dough into a long line and cut into small pieces for the bite-sized pretzels:
In a small bowl add warm water and baking soda and mix. Dip dough into the mixture (do not soak):
Transfer into baking pan and bake for 450 F for 8-10 min:
Here are your freshly baked, soft and delicious pretzel bites!
Remove and dip in the cinnamon sugar mixture or simply drizzle on top and mix gently until all the pretzel bites are coated with the cinnamon-sugar mixture:
If you do not want to make the pretzel bites a bit sweeter, you can leave them as is, just like so:
Frequently Asked Questions for Vegan Fruit Cheesecake Recipe:
Q: Can I freeze the dough after rising and bake it after a few days?
A: Yes, sure you can. Freezing the dough won’t affect the taste nor the texture of the pretzel bites.
Q: Can I do this a few days ahead?
A: Yes, sure you can. After baking, cool them completely and store in an airtight container.
Q: What are the usual dippings that could be used for pretzel bites?
A: There are endless possibilities for pretzel bites dippings. Some popular dipping is mustard, spicy cheese dipping, cream cheese dippings, and the list goes on.
Q: What is the purpose of the baking soda and warm water mixture to the pretzels?
A: The mixture is often called baking soda bath. It will give the pretzel a nice golden brown color after baking.
More Bread Recipes:
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Monkey Bread
- Chocolate Filled Bread
- French Breakfast Bread
- Buttermilk Chocolate Bread
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tablespoon vegetable oil
- Dipping mixture
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- Optional dessert style
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a measuring cup add warm water, packet of dry yeast, and brown sugar
- Mix & wait for 5 miniutes for yeast to activate
- In a large bowl add yeast mixture and 2 ½ cups of flour and mix until dough formed
- Transfer onto a table and add the rest of ½ cup flour if sticky
- Knead for 5-10 min
- In a large bowl add ½ tablespoon oil to coat the inside of the bowl
- Coat dough with the oil from the bowl
- Cover bowl with saran warp tightly (or bread towel)
- Tip: Keep in dough in a place where the dough will get warm air like; cupboard put it under a light for faster rising, or on top of your stove oven.
- Once the dough is doubled in size punch the dough down to release the air
- Cut the dough into 3-4 pieces
- Roll the dough into a long line and cut into small pieces for the bite-sized pretzels
- In a small bowl add warm water and baking soda and mix
- Dip dough into the mixture (do not soak)
- Transfer into baking pan and bake for 450 F for 8-10 min
- Remove and dip in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Add the butter when bread still warm and mix until melted
Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar and toss.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!