These cookies are crispy around the edges and soft and chewy on the inside. Surely this would be a crowd-pleaser and you won’t mind doing another batch because it’s so easy to make 🙂
Since Christmas is just a few days ahead, I decided to make Snickerdoodle Eggnog Cookies for my Cookie Mondays as part of the Holiday Baking series! One thing that made me more excited is that this is a collab with Lindsay Ann from Lindsay Ann Bakes 🙂 Don’t forget to watch the Snickerdoodle Cupcakes that she made on her channel!
Tips and Tricks for Making This Snickerdoodle Eggnog Cookies Recipe:
- Before mixing the dry ingredients like all-purpose flour, baking soda, and granulated sugar, sift them individually. This easy but very important step would make your cookies nice and evenly textured. It wouldn’t be fun biting into a lump of flour in between 🙂
- After baking your Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies, store them in an airtight container so you can enjoy them for several days – that is if you did not eat the whole batch in one sitting.
- If you don’t have chocolate chips and have a chocolate bar instead, simply chop it in small bits and you have equally delicious chocolate to go in that croissant dinner roll!
How to Make this Snickerdoodle Eggnog Cookies Recipe:
Gather the ingredients for this Snickerdoodle Eggnog Cookies and once the ingredients are all ready, let’s begin!
- butter, softened
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- cups flour
- baking soda
- cream of tartar
- ground nutmeg
Before mixing the ingredients, preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare cookie sheet using parchment paper or a baking mat.
In a bowl, mix together the softened butter and granulated sugar until well combined:
In another bowl, mix together the dry ingredients and set aside:
Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix and mix well until no lumps are visible:
When the cookie dough is mixed well, add in the eggnog and mix again until all the eggnog is well distributed in the cookie dough:
The Snickerdoodle cookie dough should look like this – dry but well-mixed:
Now, it’s time to roll the cookie dough and coating it with granulated sugar with a mix of nutmeg powder:
Arrange the cookies on the baking sheet with parchment paper. You do not need to flatten each cookie since it will naturally deflate once completely baked:
There you go, Simply Bakers! My kitchen smelled so good because of these Snickerdoodle Eggnog Cookies!
These cookies are perfect for the Christmas season, along with a nice cup of hot coffee or hot chocolate!
Frequently Asked Questions for the Snickerdoodle Eggnog Cookies Recipe:
Q: Should these cookies be refrigerated?
A: Yes, you can keep this in the fridge but make sure to store them in an airtight container.
Q: Are these cookies supposed to be chewy?
A: It does have a slightly chewy texture to it but it also has a soft texture inside.
Q: How do you know when meringue cookies are done baking??
A: Like other cookies, you can insert a toothpick in the center and when it comes out clean, then it is perfectly baked.
Here are more delicious cookie recipes that you should try:
- 3 Ingredient No-Bake Cheesecake
- Apple Pancake Cookies
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brownie Cookies
- Brownie Meringue Cookies | 5 Ingredients ONLY
Snickerdoodle Eggnog Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup eggnog
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a bowl, mix together the softened butter and granulated sugar until well combine.
- In another bowl, mix together the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix and mix well until no lumps are visible.
- When the cookie dough is mixed well, add in the eggnog and mix again until all the eggnog is well distributed in the cookie dough.
- Roll the cookie dough and coating it with granulated sugar with a mix of nutmeg powder.
- Arrange the cookies on the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes and cool in a cooling rack before serving.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
PINTEREST / FACEBOOK / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!
Great recipe! Keep it up!
Thank you so much for your appreciation Carlee! xx Lainey