For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video tutorial below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!) and new video posts on FRIDAYS !
Watch the step by step video:
“Fried” Ice Cream
- ¾ cup butter melted,
- 1 ½ cup brown sugar
- 6 cups corn flakes
- ½ gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cinnamon for garnish
- To make the crust, in a large bag add the corn flakes and crushed it. Once you are done, melt the butter in a large bowl and then add the sugar and mix until it’s well combined. Add the corn flakes to the bowl and continue mixing until it’s coated with the sugar.
- In a 9×13 inch pan, pour half of the crust in the pan and then add the ice cream. It is really important to leave out the ice cream for about 15 minutes because it’s easier to spread when the ice cream is softened. Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop the ice cream on the tray like so and then spread the ice cream carefully. Add the rest of the crust on top and spread it out evenly.
- Pop this in the freezer and then to make the whipped cream, beat together the whipped cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract until soft peaks.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and spread the whipped cream on the ice cream. To garnish add cinnamon and then pop this in the freezer one more time for at least 2 hours and then serve immediately!