Shredded apples and apple pie spice in a cookie taste like you’re biting into Fall. With just 8 ingredients you can bake these delicious, soft and buttery Apple Cookies in just a few minutes!
Tips and Tricks for Making This Apple Cookies Recipe:
- Before mixing the dry ingredients like all-purpose flour, baking soda, and granulated brown sugar, sift them individually. This easy but very important step would make your cookies nice and evenly textured. It wouldn’t be fun biting into a lump of flour in between 🙂
- After baking your Apple Cookies, store them in an airtight container so you can enjoy them for several days – that is if you did not eat the whole batch in one sitting.
- If you do not have nonstick cookie sheets or pans, you can line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- To keep your apple shreds from turning brown, you can soak the apple slices in water with lemon juice before shredding.
How to Make this Apple Cookies Recipe:
Gather the ingredients for this Apple Cookies recipe and once the ingredients are all ready, let’s begin!
- brown sugar
- baking soda
- apple pie spice
- all-purpose flour
- apple juice
- tart apple
Preheat to 350F, line baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
In a large bowl, mix butter, then add brown sugar and mix very well:
After mixing well, add the baking soda, apple pie spice, and egg then mix again using a handheld mixer:
Add flour and mix and mix again until all the flour is evenly distributed:
Now it’s time to add the apple juice and apples and mix. You can use a handheld mixer or a rubber spatula, like what I used here:
Bake for 12-14 minutes if making large cookies. If you want to have a bigger yield, make smaller cookies, which will also bake faster:
These Apple Cookies made my kitchen smell so good!
These cookies are best to serve during the Fall season and Thanksgiving parties since apples are abundant in this time of the year.
Frequently Asked Questions for the Coffee Mint Cookies Recipe:
Q: Should these cookies be refrigerated?
A: Yes, you can keep this in the fridge but make sure to store them in an airtight container. Place at room temperature before serving or warm them up in a microwave oven.
Q: Can I increase the quantity of shredded apple?
A: Putting more than 1 large apple would make the dough very crumbly and would fall apart during the baking process.
Q: Can I make the dough ahead and freeze it?
A: Yes, you can freeze the mixed dough and thaw completely at room temperature before baking it.
Q: Would this work with almond flour?
A: Using almond flour in this recipe would work as long as you use the same quantity of all-purpose flour as listed.
Q: How many cookies would this recipe make?
A: If you make large cookies, you can make 10-12 Apple cookies but if you make it smaller, it would make up to 16 cookies per batch.
Q: What did you use for shredding the apples?
A: I used a regular fruit/vegetable shredder with small blades to make the apple shreds small enough to bake fast.
Here are more delicious cookie recipes that you should try:
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brownie Cookies
- Brownie Meringue Cookies | 5 Ingredients ONLY
- Nutella Stuffed Cookies
- Choco Mint Blossom Cookies
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 egg
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup apple juice
- 1 large tart apple peeled and shredded (1 cup)
- Preheat to 350F, line baking sheet with parchment paper or baking mat.
- In a large bowl, mix butter, then add brown sugar, baking soda, apple pie spice, egg and mix very well. Add flour and mix, then add the apple juice and apples and mix very well.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes if making large cookies.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!