This super light, airy but crisp Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies is one of my favorite kind of cookie to make during Christmas! In every bite, you can hear the crispiness but in between, there is a moist and marshmallow-like softness.
Tips and Tricks for Making This Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies Recipe:
- Before mixing the dry ingredients like all-purpose flour, baking soda, and granulated sugar, sift them individually. This easy but very important step would make your cookies nice and evenly textured. It wouldn’t be fun biting into a lump of flour in between 🙂
- After baking your Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies, store them in an airtight container so you can enjoy them for several days – that is if you did not eat the whole batch in one sitting.
- If you don’t have chocolate chips and have a chocolate bar instead, simply chop it in small bits and you have equally delicious chocolate to go in that croissant dinner roll!
How to Make this Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies Recipe:
Gather the ingredients for this Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies and once the ingredients are all ready, let’s begin!
- cream of tartar
- egg whites
- granulated sugar
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 300F and prepare baking sheet using parchment paper or a baking mat.
In a mixing stand, add the cream of tartar, salt, and egg whites and beat it at high speed until soft peaks form. Then gradually add the granulated sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, while the mixer is on high speed. Now once stiff peaks form, turn off the mixer and then sift the unsweetened cocoa powder in the bowl:
Next, you are going to fold this in and then fold in the mini chips:
After mixing well, you will get a light brown colored smooth mixture, like so:
Using a piping bag, pipe the cookies onto parchment paper:
Bake for 40-45 minutes, then remove from pan and cool on a cookie rack.
I was so excited to take a bite! This cookie is crispy on the outside but soft and has a marshmallow taste on the inside! I could eat a few more of these cookies!
Q: Should these cookies be refrigerated?
A: Yes, you can keep this in the fridge but make sure to store them in an airtight container.
Q: Are chocolate chip meringue cookies supposed to be chewy?
A: Yes, because of the egg whites and combination of sugar, it does have a slightly chewy texture to it.
Q: How do you know when meringue cookies are done baking??
A: Like other cookies, you can insert a toothpick in the center and when it comes out clean, then it is perfectly baked.
Q: Can you overbeat the meringue?
A: Overbeating the egg whites could cause a failure in baking these chocolate chip meringue cookies. When you see stiff peaks, you can stop whipping or beating it.
Here are more delicious cookie recipes that you should try:
- 3 Ingredient No-Bake Cheesecake
- Apple Pancake Cookies
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brownie Cookies
- Brownie Meringue Cookies | 5 Ingredients ONLY
Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies
A super light and airy but crisp Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies is the cookie to make everytime you crave for a unique but perfect choice for birthday and Christmas parties!
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300F and prepare baking sheet using parchment paper or baking mat.
- In a mixing stand, add the cream of tartar, salt, and egg whites and beat it at high speed until soft peaks form. Then gradually add the granulated sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, while the mixer is on high speed. Now once stiff peaks form, turn off the mixer and then sift the unsweetened cocoa powder in the bowl.
- Next, you are going to fold this in and then fold in the mini chips.
- Using a piping bag, pipe the cookies onto parchment paper.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, then remove from pan and cool on a cookie rack.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!