For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video tutorial below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!) and new video posts on FRIDAYS !
Watch the Step by Step Video:
Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300F and prepare baking sheet using parchment paper or baking mat.
- In a mixing stand, add the cream of tartar, salt, and egg whites and beat it at high speed until soft peaks form. Then gradually add the granulated sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, while the mixer is on high speed. Now once stiff peaks form, turn off the mixer and then sift the unsweetened cocoa powder in the bowl.
- Next, you are going to fold this in and then fold in the mini chips.
- Using a piping bag, pipe the cookies onto parchment paper.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, then remove from pan and cool on a cookie rack.