I was actually surprised the cookies didn’t turn out green. I was going to add green food coloring, but I will leave that option open for anyone who wants to add green food coloring to the cookies. Overall these cookies tasted DELICIOUS, but with the added matcha green tea it enchanted the cookie flavor even more! What do you think?
Try drinking milk with the cookies, it cancels out a lot of the sweetness of the cookies!
I purchased the matcha green tea from Trader Joes for only $3.99. You can also use this Matcha to make a copy cat recipe of Jamba Juice’s Green Tea Smoothie!
For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video tutorial below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!) and new video posts on FRIDAYS !
Click to watch the step by step video:
- 2 (1 cup) sticks unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons matcha powder
- 4 oz white chocolate chips*
- Preheat the oven to 350F and prepare pan lined with parchment paper or use a nonstick baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Then add eggs, vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and matcha. Then add chocolate chips
- Drop heaping tablespoons on pan and bake for about 9-11 minutes or until golden brown