I was actually surprised the cookies didn’t turn out green. I was going to add green food coloring, but I will leave that option open for anyone who wants to add green food coloring to the cookies. Overall these cookies tasted DELICIOUS, but with the added matcha green tea it enchanted the cookie flavor even more! What do you think?
Tips and Tricks for Making These Green Tea Cookies:
- Make sure to give an even space or distance between each cookie when baking. It will prevent the cookies from sticking to each other after baking.
- Do not over mix the cookie dough. After all the ingredients are well-combined, then the mixing process should be done. Overmixing it would make the cookies rubbery.
- For easy baking, use a nonstick baking sheet. If you do not have it, you can use a regular cookie sheet and just line it with parchment paper.
- If you love texture on your cookies, you can add chopped almonds and mix well.
How to Make these Green Tea Cookies:
These are the Green Tea Cookies ingredients that you will need:
- unsalted butter softened
- white sugar
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- matcha powder
- white chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350F and prepare pan lined with parchment paper or use a nonstick baking sheet.
In a large bowl, mix together butter and sugars until light and fluffy:
Then add eggs, vanilla extract and beat until well combined:
In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and matcha:
Mix all dry ingredients very well. Can you see that it has a slight green color to it?
Mix the dry and wet ingredients in one bowl and mix well until both mixtures are incorporated:
Then add chocolate chips and mix well:
Drop heaping tablespoons on the pan and bake for about 9-11 minutes or until golden brown:
And that’s it, Simply Bakers! Wasn’t that so simple to do? I love these Green Tea Cookies since it has a unique taste to it.
I purchased the matcha green tea from Trader Joes for only $3.99. You can also use this Matcha to make a copy cat recipe of Jamba Juice’s Green Tea Smoothie!
Frequently Asked Questions for the Green Tea Cookies Recipe:
Q: Can we use green tea powder instead of Matcha?
A: Yes, for sure! They are kind of similar so I am sure you can use that instead.
Q: Should we measure the flour before or after sifting?
A: For me, I always sift the flour first before measuring. This will ensure lump-free cookies.
Q: How far in advance can I make the dough?
A: You can make the dough a day in advance and just freeze it. Remember to thaw it properly before baking them.
Q: How long do these cookies stay good at room temperature?
A: You can keep them at room temperature for about a day but it is best to keep them in an airtight container and chill them.
Q: Do you know if this cookie mixture works well with cookie cutters?
A: This cookie dough is not a very dry one so I won’t recommend using cookie cutters.
Here are more delicious cookie recipes that you should try:
Green Tea Cookies
- 2 1 cup sticks unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons matcha powder
- 4 oz white chocolate chips*
- Preheat the oven to 350F and prepare pan lined with parchment paper or use a nonstick baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Then add eggs, vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and matcha. Then add chocolate chips
- Drop heaping tablespoons on pan and bake for about 9-11 minutes or until golden brown
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!