Pretty, delicious and chocolatey! Those are the words that perfectly describe this easy, quick and fun Homemade Oreo Cookies! After biting into the crunch, you can taste the sweet and creamy homemade filling that takes this Oreo cookie to a whole new level!
I grew up loving Oreo Cookies! I was not a fan of the cream, but the cookies were very tasty. I actually had a lot of fun making these cookies especially using the heart-shaped cookie cutters! Hopefully, I will get to use more cookie cutters throughout the year!
This cookie was chewier than an Oreo cookie, however, one way to make it not chewy is to make the cookies thinner and bake for 16 minutes.
Tips on How to Make Homemade Oreo Cookies:
- Before mixing the dry ingredients like all-purpose flour, baking soda, and brown sugar, sift them individually. This easy but very important step would make your cookies nice and evenly textured. It wouldn’t be fun biting into a lump of flour in between 🙂
- You can use a round cookie cutter in cutting the Oreo Cookies if you don’t have the heart-shaped ones.
- Wrap these cookies and tie with a beautifully-colored ribbon to give as a holiday or Valentine’s day present. I am sure the receiver will love it!
How to Make Homemade Oreo Cookies:
These are the ingredients that you will need:
- unsalted butter
- white sugar (granulated)
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- baking powder
- unsalted butter
- half and half or milk
- pinch of salt
- powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350F before doing the mixing process. Then, in a large bowl, add butter, sugar, and mix until light and fluffy:
Add egg, vanilla, and beat until well incorporated:
In a medium-sized bowl add all-purpose flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and mix:
Gradually add dry ingredients into wet ingredients until well incorporated:
Divide dough in half and wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes:
Remove dough from the fridge, then using parchment paper below and above the dough, roll it out flat with a rolling pin:
Cut using heart-shaped cutters and place on a greased baking pan and bake for 12 minutes:
To make the filling add 1/2 cup butter, half and half, a pinch of salt and cream until light and fluffy. Gradually add powdered sugar:
With a start tip pipe the filling onto the cookie:
Place another cookie on top to make an Oreo Cookie, like so:
Aren’t they so pretty, Simply Bakers?!? I am sure that this will be a perfect Valentine or holiday cookie for you!
Frequently Asked Questions for the Homemade Oreo Cookies:
Q: Can I freeze this cookie dough a few days before baking?
A: Sure, you can. Just make sure to thaw it before baking.
Q: How many cookies did this recipe make?
A: I have made about 24 cookies using this recipe.
Q: Can I make big cookies out of this recipe?
A: I do not advise making very large cookies as it will affect the cooking time and also the quality of the cookies.
More delicious and easy cookie recipes:
- Rocky Road Popsicles – 5 Ingredients ONLY
- NO BAKE White Chocolate Cookies
- Cookie Dough Bites
- Fruity Pebble Marshmallow Cookies
- Caramel Salted Chocolate Cookies
- Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Best and Easiest Brownies
Take a bite into a crunchy, chocolatey and rich in chocolate flavor with each of these Homemade Oreo Cookies from scratch!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar (granulated)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons half and half or milk
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- In a large bowl add butter, sugar, and mix until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla, and beat until well incorporated.
- In a medium sized bowl add all purpose flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and mix. Gradually add dry ingredients into wet ingredients until well incorporated.
- Divide dough in half and wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Remove dough from fridge, using parchment paper below and above the dough roll out with a rolling pin.
- Cut using heart shaped cutters and place on a greased baking pan and bake for 12 minutes.
- To make the filling add 1/2 cup butter, half and half, pinch of salt and cream until light and fluffy. Gradually add powdered sugar.
- With a start tip pipe the filling onto the cookie and place another cookie on top to make an Oreo Cookie
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!