Have you ever heard of Red Velvet Cookies? It’s a delicious, soft and chewy cookie with a rich, melted white chocolate frost. This cookie is perfect for Valentine’s Day, Christmas Day, or just any day that you crave for a delicious but easy chocolate cookie with a red velvet twist.
Tips on How to Make Red Velvet Cookies:
- I like to scoop my cookie dough and freeze them for about 15 minutes before baking. This allows the butter to chill up that way when they bake, they don’t spread as much and you’re left with a thicker chewier cookie.
- Before mixing the dry ingredients like all-purpose flour, baking soda, and brown sugar, sift them individually. This easy but very important step would make your cookies nice and evenly textured. It wouldn’t be fun biting into a lump of flour in between 🙂
How to Make Red Velvet Cookies:
These are the ingredients that you will need:
- brown sugar
- softened butter
- red food coloring
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- cocoa powder
- baking soda
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, grease cookie sheet or use parchment paper or a baking mat.
In a large bowl add brown sugar and softened butter and mix until light and fluffy:
Add the egg, vanilla extract, and mix:
Next, add red food coloring:
The cookie batter will look like this:
In another bowl sift the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix and add to the wet ingredients:
Shape dough to about 1 ½ to 2 inch balls and bake for 12-14 minutes:
I promise, Simply Bakers, these smelled so yummy in my kitchen!
Melt the white chocolate in a microwave and you are ready to drizzle some sweet chocolate on top of the cooled Red Velvet Cookies!
There’s no really perfect way to do it. I just did it “freestyle” but it still looked pretty <3
Frequently Asked Questions for the Red Velvet Cookies Recipe:
Q: Can I freeze this cookie dough a few days before baking?
A: Sure, you can. Just make sure to thaw it before baking.
Q: How many cookies did this recipe make?
A: I have made about 24 cookies using this recipe.
Q: Can I make big cookies out of this recipe?
A: I do not advise making very large cookies as it will affect the cooking time and also the quality of the cookies.
More delicious and easy cookie recipes:
- Jello Cookies
- Choco Mint Blossom Cookies
- Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Snickers Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Nutella Cookies only 4 Ingredients
- Double Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
Red Velvet Cookies
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, grease cookie sheet or use parchment paper or baking mat.
- In a large bowl add brown sugar and softened butter and mix until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla extract and mix. Next add red food coloring.
- In another bowl sift, all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Mix and add to the wet ingredients.
- Shape dough to about 1 ½ to 2 inch balls.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!