Dump Cake?! Don’t let the name of the recipe fool you, Pumpkin Dump Cake is like biting into fall. You’re maybe wondering why it’s called “dump cake” and here’s the reason why: You’re basically taking all the ingredients, dumping into a large bowl, dumping it into a pan, then baking it. Hence the name Pumpkin DUMP Cake. 😀
And what’s really neat, if you are baking this for a party, you don’t even need to wait for it too cool because my friend Melanie from YouTube made an amazing carrier for the dessert! (And you can learn how to make it too!)
For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video tutorial below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!) and new video posts on FRIDAYS !
Click to watch the step by step video:
Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Category: Dessert
- 2 cans pumpkin (15 oz)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can evaporated milk (12 oz)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease 9×13 inch pan
- In a large bowl add the pumpkin, sugar, evaporated milk, eggs, salt, and pumpkin pie spice and mix very well. Then pour the batter into the pan.
- Next pour the cake mix onto the pumpkin batter and spread evenly. Next add the pecans and then pour the melted butter all over the cake making sure it’s spread evenly.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Serve immediately