Dump Cake?! Don’t let the name of the recipe fool you, Pumpkin Dump Cake is like biting into fall. You’re maybe wondering why it’s called “dump cake” and here’s the reason why: You’re basically taking all the ingredients, dumping into a large bowl, dumping it into a pan, then baking it. Hence the name Pumpkin DUMP Cake. 😀
And what’s really neat, if you are baking this for a party, you don’t even need to wait for it too cool because my friend Melanie from YouTube made an amazing carrier for the dessert! (And you can learn how to make it too!)
Tips and Tricks for Making This Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe:
- If you do not have canned pumpkins, you can make your own version by cooking it until soft and mash it finely.
- Are you having a lot of guests for Thanksgiving? Make this as a Pumpkin Dump Cake bars or put it in shot glasses.
How to Make this Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe:
Gather the ingredients for this Pumpkin Dump Cake.
- canned pumpkin
- evaporated milk
- pumpkin pie spice
- yellow cake mix
- pecans, chopped
- butter, melted
Once the ingredients are all ready, let’s begin!
First, let us preheat oven to 350F and grease 9×13 inch pan
In a large bowl add the pumpkin, sugar, evaporated milk, eggs, salt, and mix very well:
Next, add the pumpkin pie spice and mix well:
The pumpkin batter should look like this:
Next pour the cake mix onto the pumpkin batter and spread evenly:
Then pour the batter into the pan and add the pecans and then pour the melted butter all over the cake making sure it’s spread evenly and bake for 55-60 minutes:
Frequently Asked Questions for the Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe:
Q: How many servings would this recipe do?
A: This delicious and easy pumpkin dump cake recipe could make12-16 slices, depending on how big your slices are.
Q: Can I use my own pumpkin puree for this recipe?
A: Yes you can. The fresher it is, the better. although most of the time it is more convenient to use those canned pumpkins.
Q: Can I use any brand of cake mix for this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use any brand, whatever is available in your area or any of your favorite cake mix brands.
Pumpkin Dump Cake
- 2 cans pumpkin 15 oz
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can evaporated milk 12 oz
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- ¾ cup butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease 9x13 inch pan
- In a large bowl add the pumpkin, sugar, evaporated milk, eggs, salt, and pumpkin pie spice and mix very well. Then pour the batter into the pan.
- Next pour the cake mix onto the pumpkin batter and spread evenly. Next add the pecans and then pour the melted butter all over the cake making sure it's spread evenly.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Serve immediately
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!