Delicious and Easy Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies recipe that is perfect for baking beginners! These cookies are flavorful, soft, and filling! Make these awesome Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies with your kids, it’s that easy to do!
Tips and Tricks for Making These Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies:
- If you don’t have parchment paper or nonstick cookie sheet, brush your cookie sheet with melted butter to prevent the cookies from sticking.
- If you have frozen cookie dough, let it stay at room temperature for at least an hour for easier handling of the dough.
- Don’t forget to sift your dry ingredients. You wouldn’t want flour lumps in your cookies 🙂
How to Make these Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies:
These are the ingredients that you will need:
- butter, softened
- white sugar
- brown sugar, packed
- vanilla extract
- peanut butter
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
In a large bowl add butter, sugars and mix until light and fluffy:
Add eggs, vanilla extract, peanut butter, and mix until well combined:
In another bowl, add flour, baking soda, salt, and mix:
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until well combined:
Place cookie dough on saran wrap, shape into a loaf of bread, cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours best overnight:
Do you see the “dent” I made on the dough? I did that so that when I slice the dough later, it will look like a slice of loaf bread. After chilling the cookie dough, cut cookie dough into slices,:
Place on a baking mat or greased cookie sheet and bake at 350F for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown:
Frequently Asked Questions for the Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies Recipe:
Q: Can you freeze the cookie dough?
A: Yes, for sure you can. Just thaw it properly before forming and baking it. For this recipe, it calls for the cookie dough to be chilled but if you have to freeze them, make sure to allow it to thaw before slicing.
Q: How long will the cookies stay fresh?
A: If you keep them in an airtight container and chill it, you can keep them in a week or more without the jelly.
Q: How many cookies does this recipe make?
A: You can make 10-15 cookies with this recipe, depending on how large your Peanut Butter Jelly cookies are.
Here are more delicious cookie recipes that you should try:
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- your choice of jelly/jam
- In a large bowl add butter, sugars and mix until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla extract, peanut butter and mix until well combined.
- In another bowl add flour, baking soda, salt, and mix. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Place cookie dough on saran wrap, shape into a loaf of bread, cover and and refrigerate for at least 3 hours best overnight.
- Cut cookie dough into slices, place on baking mat or greased cookie sheet, bake at 350F for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!