First of all, I was not a fan of caramel at all. In fact, I avoided it at all cost only because when I was in high school, the caramel always stuck to my braces and I had a hard time cleaning it out. However, just this past year I’ve grown to love eating caramel, especially any recipes that has the phrase “salted caramel”. I really hope you enjoy this recipe and let me know what is your favorite salted caramel recipe!
Just by staring at the picture makes my mouth salivate for more salted caramel recipes!
For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video tutorial below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!) and new video posts on FRIDAYS !
Have you seen the video?
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 package butterscotch flavored instant pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ stick of butter
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease bundt pan generously.
- In a large bowl mix yellow cake mix, pudding mix and mix until well combined. In the same bowl, make a well in the middle and add eggs, milk and mix until well combined. Pour into bundt pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.
- For glaze, in a medium sized pot and the heat over low-medium heat, add the sugar and whisk constantly for 3-5 minutes.
- When sugar becomes slightly sticky, add butter and continue whisking until well combined, this will take about 4-5 minutes. Remove from the stove.
- In the same pot, add heavy cream and stir until caramel is thick and cream. Pour glaze into a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Pour the caramel glaze over bundt cake and sprinkle with sea salt.